Favorite film quotes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GaryA

Subversive Sage
One of them from Dr Strangelove- the film is full of 'em :blush:

Turgidson:

Mr. President, we are rapidly approaching a moment of truth both for ourselves as human beings and for the life of our nation. Now, the truth is not always a pleasant thing, but it is necessary now make a choice, to choose between two admittedly regrettable, but nevertheless, distinguishable post-war environments: one where you got twenty million people killed, and the other where you got a hundred and fifty million people killed.

Muffley:

You're talking about mass murder, General, not war.

Turgidson:

Mr. President, I'm not saying we wouldn't get our hair mussed. But I do say... no more than ten to twenty million killed, tops. Uh... depended on the breaks.

Muffley:

I will not go down in history as the greatest mass murderer since Adolph Hitler!

Turgidson:

Perhaps it might be better, Mr. President, if you were more concerned with the American people, than with your image in the history books.

GaryA

Subversive Sage
One of them from Dr Strangelove- the film is full of 'em :evil:

Turgidson:

Mr. President, we are rapidly approaching a moment of truth both for ourselves as human beings and for the life of our nation. Now, the truth is not always a pleasant thing, but it is necessary now make a choice, to choose between two admittedly regrettable, but nevertheless, distinguishable post-war environments: one where you got twenty million people killed, and the other where you got a hundred and fifty million people killed.

Muffley:

Turgidson:

Mr. President, I'm not saying we wouldn't get our hair mussed. But I do say... no more than ten to twenty million killed, tops. Uh... depended on the breaks.

Muffley:

I will not go down in history as the greatest mass murderer since Adolph Hitler!

Turgidson:

Perhaps it might be better, Mr. President, if you were more concerned with the American people, than with your image in the history books.

GaryA

Subversive Sage
One of them from Dr Strangelove- the film is full of 'em :ohmy:

Turgidson:

Muffley:

Turgidson:

Muffley:

Turgidson:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
rh100 said:
I am NOT the Messiah!
I say you are Lord, and I should know. I've followed a few.

I think it was blessed are the cheesemakers.
What's so special about the cheesemakers?
Well obviously it's not meant to be taken literally and refers to any dairy manufacturer.

and
Half a dinari for my bloody life story.
There's no pleasing some people.
That's just what Jesus said sir.

marinyork

rh100 said:
I am NOT the Messiah!

Well obviously it's not meant to be taken literally and refers to any dairy manufacturer.

and

marinyork

rh100 said:
I am NOT the Messiah!

and

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
marinyork said:

and
And let's not forget the guy who cries out 'I can see! I can see!' and runs straight into a hole in the ground.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
marinyork said:

and
And let's not forget the guy who cries out 'I can see! I can see!' and runs straight into a hole in the ground.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
marinyork said:

and

Top Bottom