favorite paint job/paint scheme?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
i constantly wonder how many people consider the look of a bike when buying it. i have to admit that it's quite an important part of the whole process for me. obviously i wouldn't buy a dud bike because it was a nice colour but i would dismiss a good bike that was a naff colour.

so whats your favorite bikes going on looks alone ??? and how much do looks effect your choice of next bike ???

i quite like a basic paint scheme and this has always been a favorite...

tarmacpro09.jpg

and on a similar theme...

ribble.jpg

but i really like a classic look and there are a lot of bikes out there with the basic silver frame/black fork scheme at the moment.

this is just one example but as it's the bike im currently lusting after it will be a good representation...

boardman.jpg

and why do i not want the carbon version... i gotta admit, its a lot to do with the colour !!!! is this wrong ???

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I love the Team Sky Pinarello Dogma
team-sky-pinarello-dogma-bicycle-fb2-500x436.jpg

shrew

The look of the bike is very important to me, the last 2 bikes ive brought its been a contributing factor in my choice and it will be for the one im about to buy too.

i like understated, rather then larey, its hard to find bikes with a plainer look too 8)

battered

Guru
I had a ratty Kona Cinder Cone blasted and powder coated in bright orange, colour code "2004". I had pearlescent clear lacquer added, and built the bike up in ally and black. The finish colour is similar to Ford Focus STi orange or Lamborghini orange. I think it looks fantastic.:thumbsup:

I have an old Raleigh steel/Ti composite, I fancy getting that coated in a nice deep red (Porsche Guards red is nice, Ford Rosso red is good too, but a bit lighter) and then polishing the titanium bits.:wacko:

BigSteev

I really like this
moda%20forte%20track%20bike.jpg

and having seen one of their geared bikes today, I reckon I like a few more of that range too.

Looks are important to me as well, which is why i bought my stealthy looking Cannondale

Synapse.jpg

Simon

Top Bottom