Favourite euphemisms for ... OMG, I don't have a non-euphemism for this! Oh except "dunny"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
I have only ever used Toilet, or accompanied by some sort of weird jig "I need to pay a visit"

Shitter, Crapper, Throne, Trombone all ones I have heard the latter more to do with throwing up for some reason

snorri

Legendary Member
Shitter, Crapper, Throne, Trombone all ones I have heard the latter more to do with throwing up for some reason

When Jimmy has over indulged and gone missing from the party, another party goer may ask "Where's Jimmy?" to which another party goer would reply " He's awa' callin' Hughie on the big white telephone"

Andrew_P

In between here and there
When Jimmy has over indulged and gone missing from the party, another party goer may ask "Where's Jimmy?" to which another party goer would reply " He's awa' callin' Hughie on the big white telephone"
I wonder if that's what I here but I was so pished I thought it was Trombone!!

subaqua

What’s the point
Chinese folk really like a good euphemism for bodily functions. So it's either
shi shou jian
"wash hands room"

or
wei sheng jian
"hygiene room"

It is a bit of a minefield in UK. I'll go to some posh offices and I never know whether to ask for the "bathroom" or "toilet". I usually go with "loo"

Where’s the gents ? Works well for males
Where’s the ladies ? Works well for females .

Don’t overthink things .

Dave 123

Legendary Member
There was one occasion where I needed to be polite (as opposed to my normal 'going for a sh1t') so I said 'I'm going for a sit down'
This has passed into family usage and at work too.

Top Bottom