Favourite euphemisms for ... OMG, I don't have a non-euphemism for this! Oh except "dunny"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fimm

Veteran
A former colleague used to say "I'm just going to see my Auntie". She didn't know the origins of that one.
Among the women of our hillwalking club it is popular to say "I'm just going to powder my nose" (when you mean you're going to pee behind that bush over there...) :laugh:

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Has nobody mentioned "I'm going to spend a penny" yet?

lazybloke

Considering a new username
If you visit parts of Belgium the toilet bowl has a curious dry shelf for deposits to land upon. Gillian McKeith wannabees may appreciate the ease with which they can inspect the goods, but it also facilitates olfactory assault by weapons-grade odours.
Hell, I stopped drinking beers years ago because it upsets my digestion, but my travelling companions did insist on sampling local brews. With predictable results.

No window! No extractor fan!
Glade air freshener is a good thing, but it can't perform miracles. I half-expected Hans Blix to raid the building.

In answer to the original question, we give the Belgian toilet NO NAME, such is the horror.
Usage is simply referred to as 'sitting time'.

It is. It's called the head because sailors would go off the bow or head of the ship apparently.
I don't think that can be right. Surely they must have used the stern, because the ship is moving in the direction the bow is pointing, so using that would increase the likelihood of whatever you did ending up on the ship (or sailor!) itself.

So I checked the OED, and they say it is called the head because originally that's where it was located.

Reactions: mjr
D

Deleted member 1258

Going to inspect the plumbing...

(as with @fimm 's friends, often said in the middle of a hillside)

Or 'I'm just going to water the landscape'

A common one I've heard on club rides is pit stop.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Just off to admire the view (if outside)

Top Bottom