Favourite feathered bird?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slowgrind

Bustards!

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
I had a good bit of Wrenage today. Two Jacks being territorial in a wood, dancing up, down, over, under, around and along a large fallen tree.

A great 5 minutes entertainment. I'm not sure who won though as they all look the same to me.

longers said:
I had a good bit of Wrenage today. Two Jacks being territorial in a wood, dancing up, down, over, under, around and along a large fallen tree.

A great 5 minutes entertainment. I'm not sure who won though as they all look the same to me.

the loudest bird if you work on the volume per square inch theory.

Cab

Puffins are most entertaining to watch. I like them a lot.

I like kites too, I think that the red kite is an amazing bird. And after seeing a pair of lapwings mob a golden eagle on Lewis, I could be persuaded that either of those two species is the best to watch.

But best of all, most amazing to watch, is the tern. Beautiful to see in flight, diving and skimming above and into the water.

you called...

2112591949_79bff63074_b.jpg

I still haven't found my bird feeder, though there are doggy type footprints in the soft ground underneath where it was - Fox? Deer? They sometimes come in the garden.

Was out at the bird hide today, watching 6 or 7 herons vying for the best place out of the wind. No seals and no otters, though someone reckons they saw an otter a few weeks back according to the log that's there.

Crackle said:
I still haven't found my bird feeder, though there are doggy type footprints in the soft ground underneath where it was - Fox? Deer? They sometimes come in the garden.

Was out at the bird hide today, watching 6 or 7 herons vying for the best place out of the wind. No seals and no otters, though someone reckons they saw an otter a few weeks back according to the log that's there.

squees are the main culprits for bird feeder raiding, although deer might have taken a fancy to it, they like chestnuts, so peanuts, etc might also be on their menu. a fox might have ambled off with it after it was down.

otters! nice. none of them around here, but we have got voles.

Tetedelacourse

Aargh, I thought you'd weigh in with "You can't beat a good shag".

My favourite is the Golden Eagle, cos a) it's big and bad and xx( it was the name of our cub pack I think.

Top Bottom