Favourite film?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Following the sad demise of Christopher Lee, I was watching Wicker Man (again)

I then followed this with teh original Assault on Precinct 13

I do not know if I could choose between the tow so you are allowed to chose two...

If you had to choose two favourite films, which would they be?

sight-pin

Veteran
'Alien Resurrection' would be some where near tops, and next i would think 'District 9' would be my second choice.
Hard to say really as theirs some really great older films like 'Zulu' To much choice TBH.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Two lane Blacktop - a slow, beautiful, and compelling road movie. My all-time favourite film

Hard to pick the other slot - maybe The Ladykillers, or 3rd Man, or Ice-cold in alex, Whiskey Galore, or even Fifth Element.

Edit - had a bit of a think, and will plump for Whiskey Galore for the 2nd slot

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
Predator. You can't help but cheer as Bill Duke grabs the M134 minimum from the recently deceased Jesse Ventura and let's rip at the jungle while screaming "motherf*****".

Zulu. The tension between Bromhead and Chard is just so awesome,

toeknee

Über Member
Predator...... Totally awseome film.
Top gun........ Ditto.

Wow, haven't heard of Breaker Morant in a long time. Technically the premiere was in Adelaide, not London. Good film though. Also interesting there are two Edward Woodward films on this list.

+1 for Lawrence.

His Girl Friday

(dammit, I could list 100 favourite films. The 1950s War of the Worlds was a revelation at the cinema. The Searchers is probably my favourite western. Blade Runner or Ghost in the Shell for SF. 500 days of Summer etc etc etc)

Top Bottom