Favourite old film

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
HELL DRIVERS.....i think ;)

Patrick McGoohan and Stanley Baker

Awesome film about ruffty tuffty tipper drivers in the 50s or 60s...fast action, awesome driving in country roads...brilliant.

I often thought, even before i considered myself a cyclist,.....christ help anyone coming the opposite direction on a bike...you'd be flattened in a second.

Am i REALLY showing my age, or are old films universally liked....whats yours ?

Abitrary

Not about ruffty tuffty tipper drivers in the 50s, 60s or whatever

That sounds awful

col

Legendary Member
I love the old black and white films,mainly with john mills,and that batty old lady on a bike,cant remember her name,bit of a sleuth?

Abitrary

Has anyone seen a film from the 70s called Static?

It's about a guy who's parents die and he makes a machine to talk to them in heaven?

He also holds up a bus to get publicity for it. It sounds strange but it is amazing

Noodley

gbb said:
HELL DRIVERS.....i think ;)

Patrick McGoohan and Stanley Baker

Awesome film about ruffty tuffty tipper drivers in the 50s or 60s...fast action, awesome driving in country roads...brilliant.

I often thought, even before i considered myself a cyclist,.....christ help anyone coming the opposite direction on a bike...you'd be flattened in a second.

Am i REALLY showing my age, or are old films universally liked....whats yours ?

Was Sean Connery in that as well? And Sid James?

col

Legendary Member
Noodley said:
Was Sean Connery in that as well? And Sid James?

That rings a bell,mcgoohan was fantastic in it,played a great part,as a nutter.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Casablanca, If, A Matter of Life and Death, Kind Hearts & Coronets, The Great St Trinian's train robbery. So difficult.

longers

Legendary Member
Dave5N said:
Oh, and The Titfield Thunderbolt

You're not the first person to recommend that film . . . {goes and tells amazon to send it as a rental film pronto}.

Top Bottom