Favourite vegetarian cookbooks!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
The green roasting tin is spectacular!

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I tend toget 'Veggie' recipes from other books, this one has probably 25% veggie in it

AndyRM

XOXO
her-cookbook-club-thug-kitchen-eat-like-you-give-a-fark-cookbook.jpeg

OP
OP
Chief Broom

Chief Broom

Veteran
Thanks folks some interesting thoughts and musings :okay: i recognise and have used some of the books mentioned. I guess a book where every recipe is a winner would be the holy grail like an an album where each song is brilliant :laugh:
Now ive got an oven again i shall cook one of favourite things...cheese pasties! Puff pastry, loadsa cheese and onion mixed in a potato mash with a big handful of parsley, pepper, and a dash of chilli....they dont last long :okay:

Been Veggie for over 50 years and it’s wonderful to see so much choice in the shops and restaurants nowadays. I remember many years ago having a plastic contraption that pressed your own veggie burgers. I did have Madhur Jaffreys veggie cook book, and being brought up in Brum there was a large part of the Indian population who were veggie, and lots of small shops where “ exotic “ herbs and spices were readily available and extremely cheap.
Agree on the plentiful choices in the vegetarian and vegan world. Not one myself but indulge I do and often. First discovery was lentils.

I had this at Saravan Bhavan, 254 Upper Tooting Rd, London SW17 0DN, United Kingdom. It's called South Indian Thali. Cheap and rich with spices.

1647053721472.png

Attachments

• 1647053530515.png
    1647053530515.png
    128.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

bitsandbobs

Über Member
This is prolly the book I use most. Most recipes have a relatively small number of ingredients (Ottolenghi it isnt) and are low on technique, but that only goes to show how great simple dishes can taste. There are recipes from N Africa, the Levant, the Gulf, Turkey, Iran, Iraq and the Caucasus, so it takes a fairly broad approach to what constitutes the middle east. No illustrations which some people seem not to like.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
We have a shelf full as Mrs B has been vegetarian for around 40 years as are both our daughters.
A couple of our most used are; +1 for the Sarah Brown book referred to upthread, also this book I picked up from Asda a few years ago, on special offer for about £3.
Also as said upthread, Google is your friend, in particular BBC Food. I made this spinach & ricotta gnocchi a couple of weeks ago, which was gorgeous with garlic bread.

yello

Most recipes have a relatively small number of ingredients (Ottolenghi it isnt) and are low on technique, but that only goes to show how great simple dishes can taste.
As a non-chef, I find low technique recipes a god send. I've been impressed at just how tasty some simple dishes can be just with the (directed and informed) use of herbs and spices. I've had a kale and lemon pesto that was a doddle to make and transformed an otherwise ordinary dish into something special.

Top Bottom