Favourite Western Film

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

j66

They Call Me Trinity / Trinity Is Still My Name - these films had me rolling about laughing as a kid, and from what I remember the music was pretty good too...

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
The films (three IIRC) with this cool dude in are pretty good ...

LuckyLuke.jpg

Lucky Luke

HIGH NOON

Fantastic film. Shot in real time as the whole scene unfolds in the build up to the arrival of the the Miller Gang on the noon train. Probably 30 years ahead of its time or at least up there with Hitchcock classics.

resized_highnoon1952.jpg

It has Grace Kelly in it too!
I was brought up on Clint Eastwood westerns and did not like this as it was rather old fashioned (from 1952) but then saw it again years later and was knocked out by it.

Sound track is great

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKLvKZ6nIiA&feature=related

(apart from rhyming prison with his 'n')

Stephenite

Membå
They Call Me Trinity / Trinity Is Still My Name - these films had me rolling about laughing as a kid, and from what I remember the music was pretty good too...

+1

But i'd have thought Brokeback Mountain would be more to your taste :tongue: :biggrin:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
The Long Riders......a fantastic film about the James Gang. Seek it out.

Apeman

Über Member
Any Western is a good Western especially in black and white. Stagecoach started me off and all the old actors starred in lots of brilliant cowboy movies like Robert Ryan,Dan Durea,Joel McCrea Randolf Scott-----God I could go on and on and.....

Top Bottom