Fawlty Towers

Should John Cleese write a new series of Fawlty Towers?

• Yes

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • No

Votes: 60 84.5%
  • What's a Fawlty Towers?

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Who is John Cleese?

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I'm probably in a small minority but I never liked it.

Edit: Having read the whole thread it would appear that at least it's a minority bigger than one.

Last edited:

tom73

Guru
Sadly John Cleese has turned into an angry old man shouting at passing cars. He spends his days on GB News etc moaning about woke and cancel culture to a tiny minority. I can only see this as his desperate attempt to moan to a larger audience under the guise of a hotel manger so he can be rude about people he doesn't like in real life.

He's just been signed up as a presenter to do just that full time.

Instead of doing a Dr Frankenstein on a long dead tv legend , why not refresh some of the old corpses that are long forgotten. On The Buses, Are You Being Served, Bottle Boys, Some Mothers do ave'em. Just bring them up to date, with single driver operations, online sales, deliveroo, neurodivergent diagnosis.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Having loved the original series, I have the suspicion that the new venture will fail miserably.
It was of it's time, and should probably stay there.
Having listened to John Cleese recently, he sounds like a confused old codger banging on about things he doesn't want to understand.
Maybe he has a tax bill to pay.

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Rumoured to be set in the Caribbean...

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Instead of doing a Dr Frankenstein on a long dead tv legend , why not refresh some of the old corpses that are long forgotten. On The Buses, Are You Being Served, Bottle Boys, Some Mothers do ave'em. Just bring them up to date, with single driver operations, online sales, deliveroo, neurodivergent diagnosis.

Head off to this old thread to get some ideas on which corpse it would be best to exhume.
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/cyclechat-investigates-dreadful-sitcoms.262597/

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Remembering it now, yes most of the comedy was centred around stereotyping others. I would think any new episodes would only appeal to DM readers and/or those who grew up in a time when xenophobia etc was fashionable. Also Cleese was a very physical comedy actor and I don't think he could pull it off now. So I've amended my view on whether I'd watch it or not; yes I would out of interest but would not get my hopes up

Top Bottom