Fcuk, not again... job woes....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
gbb said:
Bad break FF. You clearly like your job as you're even considering going with them...either that or your skills limit your possibilities (if you know what i mean)
Good luck to you...makes me realise ive always been lucky.

Yep I like my job... with a passion. I've never had a problem walking into another job before, but luck can run out! There's a desperate shortage of Food Techies these days, which is encouraging, but I don't want to move anywhere. Or have to put my family through the pain again.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Mark_Robson said:
I feel for you FF.
You don't work for Dow by any chance do you?

No, I work for a big Food Ingredients company.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Bad luck ... my BIL is in the food microbiology side of things and keeps ending up having to shift jobs every few years due to cuts being made.

lukesdad

Look at it this way FF people always need to eat its something that ll never go out of fasion. Lucky to be in the trade myself. Never been out of work just sometimes had to compromise a bit and look at things from a different angle. Do a lot of travelling myself these days, have to, to support wife and kids horses and bikes,its just something Ive got used to. best of luck.

longers

Legendary Member
Good luck FF, sounds like a proper pain in the arris, especially as you've got your family to consider, bad enough if it was just you to worry about.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

User76 said:
Do you want me to send you some house details from local estate agents? It's really nice down here, you'll love it.

Ha! I'm from Exeter originally anyway, and my Uncle lived in Bristol,so I know the area well. Nothing wrong with living there apart from my family being really well integreated here....
It's a pisser really.
I might try and figure-out if I could afford to buy a flat in the general area. It would be some kind of investment at least.

I feel much better having been on the piss...

Grim: It's all too common these days. I can almost see the bloke at the top, organogram in one hand and the last management book he read, filling his head, struggling with a way to make his mark on the company by a clever re-shuffle, which will last until he's replaced by a similar clone who does another one, ad-infinitum, until you're back where you started.

Really hope you can work something out FF.

Ranger

Happened to me yesterday, my team has been "merged with an emphasis on a new role"

The funny thing was that HR didn't realise I was on leave (despite the Out of Office reply) and hadn't got the e-mail telling me as the team leader and so the first I knew was when one of my team rang me to ask what the f**k was going on as they all presumed I had been involved in the consulatation!

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Sorry to hear this FF- just sounds like staff are seen as little pawns to move around with no concept of each of those people having lives. Have you any alternatives?

Good luck mate- these things are never easy.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Uncle Mort said:
I agree. They wanted me to move to Darmstadt once! :ohmy:

Darmstadt's nice. Great cycling, good local beer and wine with the Mosel valley not far away, and you could have lived here:

Darmstadt_Waldspirale_1.jpg

Top Bottom