fed up with winter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GuyBoden

Guru
Nice dry winter cycle ride around Cheshire this afternoon, very enjoyable. Plenty of other cyclists out riding too, but mainly older cyclists.

Brandane

Legendary Member
For Gods sake you soft northerners. Get out there
Absolutely NO chance.
Cycling is supposed to be fun.
Constant strong winds, rain, and cold, do not lend themselves to fun. IMHO, of course. I'll wait for reasonable weather, and if I have to forsake fitness, then so be it. Cycling is not compulsory in my world. I'm happy with the roughly 3k miles per year I do, when the weather plays ball.

bagpuss

Guru
Looking back to this January I clocked up some good mileage on my bike .It has been mostly dry here in south Derbyshire . The recent wet and wind has done me a favour and given me a chance to do other things .so mileage is down bit so far for this month . Hey its winter and it happens every year.

Roseland triker

Cheese ..... It's all about the cheese
Our harbour master has issued a warning for bad weather and they don't usually bother.
Last one like this forcast ripped out boats from moorings and filled the harbour side properties with stones and seaweed

I am Scots by birth and ancestry, and proud of that! Lived in sunnier climes (Jamaica and Seychelles) when younger, ironically because my father was under doctor's orders to escape the cold, damp, Scottish weather.
I now have a vision of the miserable donkey, trying to find shade under palm trees as the sun beats down on a sandy beach ...

GuyBoden

Guru
Here's a proper winter cyclist.

snow2014-01.jpg

Roseland triker

Cheese ..... It's all about the cheese
Violent storm force 11 forecast here straight in the harbour.
Relocated the bins and cement mixer after there travels and tied em down.
The sea has gone dark grey so tonight could be awkward.
Fully expect to loose leccy connection etc

Top Bottom