fed up with winter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Chilly but very nice in Surrey on Friday
1644714552019.png

Chief Broom

Veteran
I mentioned in a previous post that i like the contrast between changing seasons....but, the weather pattern seems to have changed here on the highlands east coast,,global warming? Wet and windy weather has featured a lot, much more than previous years. Long range forecasts say its going to be hotter in summer and wetter in winter.....not good :rolleyes:

Brandane

Legendary Member
Long range forecasts say its going to be hotter in summer and wetter in winter.....not good :rolleyes:
Don't mind the hotter in summer bit, but that doesn't necessarily mean drier!
And I don't like some of the phraseology they use in the media. By "hotter" don't they mean less cold, as it is far from hot in the summer just now? They also use the word "cooler" when the truth is bliddy freezing, but that doesn't fit in with their agenda.

It is certainly getting a lot more stormy. This month has been constant wind and rain, and about to get much worse this week. Further ahead, more wind and more rain, according to windy.com :ohmy:.

Roseland triker

Cheese ..... It's all about the cheese
Last summer here was ridiculously hot. Like 42c in my back garden. We had a super dry spring before that and many of the trees hardly grew leaves let alone fruit.
This winter has been warm so far but I suspect we will have our monsoon season during August when the tourists are camping.
August is typically our wettest month of the year.
It will dry out here in area weeks and be 15c so riding will be good

Roseland triker

This week’s forecast in Teesside;

Monday - heavy rain
Tuesday - 30mph gusts of wind
Wednesday - rain and 50mph winds
Thursday - Dry but high winds blowing through
Friday - Sleet/snow.

I don’t think I’ll be going out this week!
It's Saying wet here all week but we have servere microclimate issues .
It can be raining out the front of my place and sunny out the back.
It's mental. Can be 10c colder just 3 miles up the road.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Last summer here was ridiculously hot. Like 42c in my back garden. We had a super dry spring before that and many of the trees hardly grew leaves let alone fruit.
This winter has been warm so far but I suspect we will have our monsoon season during August when the tourists are camping.
August is typically our wettest month of the year.
It will dry out here in area weeks and be 15c so riding will be good

I'm guessing here, but I don't think you're in Scotland? Or anywhere near it!

I'm guessing here, but I don't think you're in Scotland? Or anywhere near it!
Did you spend most of your life somewhere more mediterranean?
And did you research the climate in your new home?

Brandane

Legendary Member
Did you spend most of your life somewhere more mediterranean?
And did you research the climate in your new home?

I am Scots by birth and ancestry, and proud of that! Lived in sunnier climes (Jamaica and Seychelles) when younger, ironically because my father was under doctor's orders to escape the cold, damp, Scottish weather.
Returned to Scotland in my late teens and been here ever since. Despite the weather, I don't see me moving anywhere else at my age. But that doesn't alter the fact that the weather is horrible for much of the year, and seemingly getting worse. Certainly doesn't encourage cycling among the masses, just a few hardcore. I sit somewhere in between. It will never take off here the way it has in the south east of England.

I am Scots by birth and ancestry, and proud of that! Lived in sunnier climes (Jamaica and Seychelles) when younger, ironically because my father was under doctor's orders to escape the cold, damp, Scottish weather.
Returned to Scotland in my late teens and been here ever since. Despite the weather, I don't see me moving anywhere else at my age. But that doesn't alter the fact that the weather is horrible for much of the year, and seemingly getting worse. Certainly doesn't encourage cycling among the masses, just a few hardcore. I sit somewhere in between. It will never take off here the way it has in the south east of England.
I guess this is why Mark Beaumont bu99ered off to cycle round the world.

Twice!

Roseland triker

Im Scottish but would never bother living there it's rubbish.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Come to Cornwall.
Nice here and plenty of real people here.:becool:

Pasties, surfer dudes, VW vans, crazy traffic, and they speak foreign.
Think I'll suffer the wind and rain, thanks! ^_^
Actually, I did quite like that area when I went to Land's End a few years ago (by motorbike :blush:). Overnight stays in Bude and Looe. Both very nice. But I reckon if I hadn't been on a motorbike and therefore able to filter past the traffic, I would still be there sitting in a traffic jam :ohmy:.

Top Bottom