fed up with winter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Another terrible photo of winter riding ... this one from yesterday.
1644165161048.png

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
3 days of solid rain here, looks like Tuesday 'might' be OK for the commute, although the canal will be a bog.
Was gonna come over for some Saddleworth today- until I looked at the forecast. Same as here but two hours later. Perhaps a tad less windy.

Attachments

• IMG-20220206-WA0006.jpeg
    IMG-20220206-WA0006.jpeg
    124.9 KB · Views: 7

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I've just been planning my Audax trip up your way. It's in May - should be nice by then :smile:
Can be nice but there is the saying “ never cast a cloot till May be oot”. Some may argue that this refers to the bush rather than the month but don’t bank on it.
I well remember in June thinning turnips wearing an ex army greatcoat and gloves. It was so cold the usual casuals we normally got would not work out in the field.
I also went hosteling in June and had buy a newspaper to stuff inside the front of my jacket as it was so cold.

went for a winter ride last weekend. used my studded mountain bike on a paved trail due to the conditions. it was 25F degrees & windy so felt colder; like the teens. water bottle didn't freeze tho; like it does, when it is actually in the teensF

made a bad video. it is long & guaranteed to put me to sleep, 3 times, minimum

View: https://youtu.be/p-j0UzjTVDo

this shorter edit is probably just as boring. next summer it might be fun to watch ... :wacko:

View: https://youtu.be/_mvukYCytf0

Brandane

Legendary Member
Wind and rain AGAIN today :ohmy:... and set to get worse, much worse, during the week ahead.
This must be the 4th weekend running with horrible weather. No chance of finding me on a bike in this. Scunnered, fed up, peed off, and hope it's going to improve soon. That's never guaranteed in these parts though (clyde coast area).

Roseland triker

Cheese ..... It's all about the cheese
12c here dry, bit windy but windy is standard here.
Don't even get frost here so sod living in teeside let alone on the Clyde coast....🥶

Despite not cycling in the snow and ice I love winter bike rides and thanks to advice shared to me on this forum I now wear a pair of decent boots that keep my feet warm and dry.

Top Bottom