Feels like a stigma to what I ride..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mpemburn

If some cyclists look down their noses at a person riding a hybrid, what that shows is their own insecurity. Roadies have a basically weird culture of perceived exclusivity—especially the ones who style themselves as elite athletes and who are perhaps not.

When I’m out riding, I always wave or say hello to other riders no matter what they’re on. They are out there sharing the joy of being on two wheels with me, and deserve the acknowledgment.

CXRAndy

Guru
Just be overtly nice, wave and smile.

If they dont respond in a manner that is suitably friendly-

foook em :okay:

There is a clique to cycling, which I never subscribe to. Life is too short to bother worrying about these miserable souls or anyone else of the same disposition

teaboy

Über Member
I had a peugeot equipe back in the middle 80s. I loved that bike and I'm currently looking for a new one to restore. Back then I loved the frame, but would dream of upgrading the wheels and groupset, but couldn't afford it. I now intend to fulfil that dream by restoring an equipe with a campagnolo groupset. Just got to find the bike, not too many about.

Sticky Green

I've got 4 bikes. One is a 3 speed dutch style bike that I love taking on steady rides. One is an hybrid Dawes that bought off Facebook for £20 and restored, it's good for mixed riding in comfort. And then I have a falcon team banana that I restored and upgraded with a 105 11 speed groupset. And finally I have found my dream bike, a 1984 Peugeot that I'm about to start restoring with campagnolo parts. I don't care what people think of the bikes I ride, I love them all and people are usually quite polite about them anyway. So excited to start the peugeot build.

Top Bottom