Feet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Possibly Raynaud's syndrome? I've had it for as long as I can remember. Can be really annoying when it takes an hour or more for feeling to come back into your toes after you've got off the bike.

Triggers seem to be cold + damp + pressure on a small part of the top of my foot. The fit of your shoe is probably the most important factor though, I've had times when I've gone skiing in -20 degrees C and been fine and other times +5 degrees C in the UK wearing work shoes when I've lost all feeling in my toes because my shoes were too tight. Usually main problem seems to be overtightening

What cleats/pedals are you using? I used to use SPD/mountain bike type cleats which I found put a lot of pressure on a small area of your foot. Switched to SPD-SL/road cleats a few years ago and found they spread the pressure over a wider area.

Seems a bit strange it happens indoors though. Do your cycling shoes have stupid ventilation hole on the soles? Wearing overshoes might help although seems a bit ridiculous indoors (these have save me this winter and are surprisingly durable http://www.wiggle.co.uk/bbb-heavyduty-overshoes/)

TBH I think it is more likely to be your shoes rather than your seat fit/position on the bike. Make sure the tongue of your shoe is pulled into a comfortable position before tightening the straps and make sure there aren't any pressure points. Maybe play around with the cleat position as well but after that might just be that you need some better fitting shoes.

Julia9054

Guru
Probably because you are moving your feet and shifting position less on a turbo. The movement is more repetitive and intense than on an actual ride where you are freewheeling, standing, putting foot down at junctions and generally moving more.
Due to lack of wind chill, I wear a lot less even though I am in a non heated garage. My feet get cold too.
Wear thicker socks and remember to wiggle your toes every so often.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Adjusting the seat ah, I'm pretty sure the height is correct. Do you think dropping the nose of the seat down a touch would make a difference?

Thanks

could be the seat angle..

several things i changed..i had the bike set up a bit upright as i get shoulder pain on my road bike ..pain free on the mtb.
ive gone from a inline seat post to a lay back..30mm
ive changed the bars to stem down..
ive been doing a lot more cycling and with the new position i feel a lot better on the bike.
its worth checking the seat with the wheels on the ground ,measure the bar and seat height or use a spirit level to check,mark bubble with a pencil and match it on the turbo.
when its on the turbo make sure the bikes level..my front wheel block is too low or too high..so i packed it to achieve the same height..

Top Bottom