Fell off a bridge into a river

colmac2000

Regular
Oh yes.

Was riding my 29er at the weekend along the edge of a field and turned onto a narrow wooden bridge to cross a river and...didn't. Somehow ended up plunging into the river, bike and all. Was actually pretty luck to come away with only slight bruising and a dented ego. ^_^

I can confirm that the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact is indeed waterproof, as is the Garmin Edge Touring Plus. :laugh:

Is the bike OK?

Saluki

I've run away with my friends to..
Glad you are OK.
Just out of curiosity, seeing you are OK and all, did you get the bike out too? or is it swimming in the murky depths of the Trent or somewhere.

OP
C

colmac2000

Regular
I'm a little unconvinced on the 29er thing though...I had a 26" MTB before that I was never comfortable on and the 29er is a more comfortable bike and goes really well but I have felt more close to falling off much more often than I did with the 26"...

Only the gyroscopic effects of the 29er wheels stopped you going in sooner and then the volume of air in the tyres kept the bike up. A 26er would have plunged you in quicker than you could think oh shoot and then disappeared into the murky depths.

OP
C

colmac2000

Regular
29er's are the work of the Devil. If you had been on 26 or, at a stretch, 27.5 it wouldn't have happened. :laugh:
I suspect you might be right...I only bought it fairly recently though and I probably need to give it a bit longer....actually, I bought it on the 11th of October last year (just checked) so that's over 6 months...hmmm :evil:

e-rider

crappy member
I'm a little unconvinced on the 29er thing though...I had a 26" MTB before that I was never comfortable on and the 29er is a more comfortable bike and goes really well but I have felt more close to falling off much more often than I did with the 26"...
try 27.5 then, 29ers are best for lanky people

surfdude

Veteran
i did that on a road bike . went across a bridge made out of granite and the front wheel slipped into a gap between the stones and tipped me off the bridge into a stinking bog . it was a soft landing but still popped my shoulder out . bit sore for a while .

Top Bottom