Fell off a bridge into a river

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

colmac2000

Regular
Oh yes.

Was riding my 29er at the weekend along the edge of a field and turned onto a narrow wooden bridge to cross a river and...didn't. Somehow ended up plunging into the river, bike and all. Was actually pretty luck to come away with only slight bruising and a dented ego. ^_^

I can confirm that the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact is indeed waterproof, as is the Garmin Edge Touring Plus. :laugh:

Is the bike OK?

OP
OP
C

colmac2000

Regular
I'm a little unconvinced on the 29er thing though...I had a 26" MTB before that I was never comfortable on and the 29er is a more comfortable bike and goes really well but I have felt more close to falling off much more often than I did with the 26"...

Only the gyroscopic effects of the 29er wheels stopped you going in sooner and then the volume of air in the tyres kept the bike up. A 26er would have plunged you in quicker than you could think oh shoot and then disappeared into the murky depths.

OP
OP
C

colmac2000

Regular
29er's are the work of the Devil. If you had been on 26 or, at a stretch, 27.5 it wouldn't have happened. :laugh:

I suspect you might be right...I only bought it fairly recently though and I probably need to give it a bit longer....actually, I bought it on the 11th of October last year (just checked) so that's over 6 months...hmmm :evil:

e-rider

crappy member
I'm a little unconvinced on the 29er thing though...I had a 26" MTB before that I was never comfortable on and the 29er is a more comfortable bike and goes really well but I have felt more close to falling off much more often than I did with the 26"...
try 27.5 then, 29ers are best for lanky people

surfdude

Veteran
i did that on a road bike . went across a bridge made out of granite and the front wheel slipped into a gap between the stones and tipped me off the bridge into a stinking bog . it was a soft landing but still popped my shoulder out . bit sore for a while .

Top Bottom