Fell off my bike!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JamesAC

What a bummer!

I walk along the pavement for a few yards along a one-way-street to the car-park gate at my office. There's a car waiting to get in, so I make to vault onto my bike, ready for the off. Maybe it was because of my heavy and wet waterproofs, or my misted-up glasses denying me of visual horizon feedback, but somehow, the bike went over. I sort of let go, and leaped, and rolled, right into a huge puddle. :angry::blush: Right in front of my colleague in the car, and the security bloke on the gate.

My waterproofs lived up to their name: I wasn't very wet inside at all (any more than usual after a ride in the rain).

However, I must have put my hands out to save myself, because both sets of fingers and my wrists ache like crazy at the moment: I can scarcely type!

(HINT: I particularly like Yorkshire tea, and Soreen :biggrin:)

Arch

Married to Night Train
Oh, poor you I bet the embarrassment hurts more than the wrists...

Not got any Sorren with me, sorry, will a Morrisons mint chocolate wafer biscuit do?

Keith Oates

Janner
Bad luck James, we all make silly mistakes from time to time. Hope the sore fingers and wrist will soon go away so take this virtual chocolate covered doughnut to help the pain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tynan

Veteran
Excellent, thanks for sharing

I tend to find that I slowly get more and more dashing at mounting the bike, especially after riding, to the point that it become silly, the I usually nearly fall off or do myself an injury to either the inner thigh or the jewels

then I'm good again for at least a few months

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Ooooh, unlucky! Hope it's nothing serious. Here's a couple slices of buttered soreen for you mate.

*Round of applause* everyone? That's the usual thing when one of us skaters falls over amongst mates.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Definatly get your wrists and fingers checked out!

Hopfully it's only bruising but it is sooo easy to crack and chip bones in the hands and wrists.
I broke my right wrist at 14 by putting it out to break my fall, it hurt like hell and a week later I found it had in fact been broken!(initial consultation said it was a miniscule fracture!)
Since then I have also snapped, along it's length, the outside metacarple of my right hand.

Now, with encroaching age, these old war wounds have a tendancy to get very grumbly in cold weather and road vibration thru handlebars on a long run make my right hand and wrist ache, another reason I moved to a recumbent trike, taking that pressure away from the wrist.

So take good care, it happens to the best of us!

T x

OP
OP
J

JamesAC

<mumbles through mouth full of Sorren, chocolate cake etc> thanks one and all for kind thoughts. Have been main-lining on Ibruprofen, wrists still ache like, err, really aching things. If it still pains me in the am I'll go to the walk-in clinic.

Cheers

:rolleyes:

domtyler

Über Member
Sue

Top Bottom