Fell off twice today :(

• Thread starter Deleted member 20519
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jim55

Guru
theres no snow lying here ,but when i woke up i looked out and seen sunshine so thought itd b a nice day for a change and how itd b a nice day for the bike ,however ,im just in from taking the dog out and theres loadsa ice about in the shade!b careful

snorri

Legendary Member
Stupid ice. :blush:

Aye, stupid ice indeed, there was a day it knew its place, on the slide in the school playground. The snow knew its place too, on the biggest hills on the golf course for the sledging.
Happy days^_^

I would say "Take care Jazloc", but you'll just ignore me and go on having fun.:biggrin:

You need a recumbent Jazloc - less distance to fall.
Just kidding and hope you don't bruise up too much.

On the subject of passers by helping you, last weekend in the heavy snow I dropped my clothes off at work at about 10:00pm. Heading back home going round a RBT, in the deep snow at the side of the roundabout was something dark with a flashing light and tube type stuff sticking out at an Odd angle.
"Bugger, a cyclist off" I thought and starts to move to the side of the RBT - going through my mind was... I have my mobile, a torch, some space blankets and basic 1st aid kit in the boot.
Pulls over and getting out of the car , this very bright green light comes on...

Some driver had given the traffic light a good clout and it had poleaxed so couldn't really tell from more than a few feet away what it was.

Needless to say, I didn't waste my emergency gear on it and drove off laughing at myself.

Get In The Van

sore one Jaz, i was out this morning (5am) with the dogs and we had the same conditions, the rain had partially thawed the snow then it froze....hard! even the dogs four wheel drive was failing.
The drive to work was equally as hairy! roads had been washed clear of the grit by the rain, resulting in roads like glass, torvell and dean could have got a gold medal performance in on them!:laugh:

Hope you recover ok Jaz

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Jaz,

There are two types of cyclists, those who have fallen off their bikes, and those who have not fallen off thier bikes...yet.

Still...it could've been worse...

Onthedrops

Veteran
Glad to hear you and the bike are ok Jaz.
Nothing injured apart from your pride, especially since you had an audience with your 2nd tumble!

My T3 is strictly "off the road" at the moment. We've had some heavy snow round here and I don't fancy risking it back out on the road until it's all gone.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Ouch!!
I had a bit of an unscheduled dismount on the way to work on Friday. Slushy snow made an abrupt transition to wet ice, and the Brommie slid away from under me.
Luckily I didn't get tangled up in the mechanical chaos and stayed upright.
All the snow should be gone by now - it's lashing it down outside where I am.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Oh Jaz, you gonna be a bit sore tomorrow!
Could have been worse, eh, glad you and the bike are ok.
I fell off too this morning, not on the commute 'cause I invested in the studded tyres ;) but walking a few yards up the road.
Icy pavements, we didn't even get any snow here!

Manonabike

Über Member
As the title says, I fell off twice... in the space of 15 minutes.

I was cycling up a hill and as I got to the top, I realised that it had become really really slippy. Unfortunately there was absolutely nothing I could do, I couldn't turn around because even the slightest movement would make my wheels lose traction and I could get off and walk because the pavement was covered in slushy icy mess. I shifted into a low gear and slowly reached the top of the hill and that's when I came off, my bike just fell to the side and I hit the ground... hard.

The second time was just as I was stopping, I decided that the section of road ahead was too bad but the pavement was okay to walk on so I stopped the bike, somehow the wheels lost traction AGAIN and the bike flew out from under me into the middle of the road - this was made worse by the fact that two people were standing at the bus stop opposite just staring at me.

Stupid ice. :blush:

Better get the stabilisers back on :laugh:

Just joking of course. I had the bike disappearing under me while climbing a heel...... I didn't see the black ice :blush:

Well I must have got cocky or something as 1st time off the trek bike today I was fortunatly on a deserted cycle path so no injured pride just wet trousers managed to unclip sort of ( I only went out on the pretext of getting some parsnips for the Sunday dinner) during the fall but still a bit of a shock I had taken a left hand bend just a bit sharp, as it had started really fine drizzeling and the the air had that damp wet feel like it does this time of year. I don't think theres any damage to the bike just the new shimarno pedal end is a bit worst for wear.
That will teach me won't it

I'm taking my direction from you experienced guys. So I'm not going out today no matter how nice it looks, a tad windy also. Exercise bike for me today. :girldance: Glad you survived the fall.

Top Bottom