Felt Cyclocross Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
Anyone have any experience of Felt bike's can't find many reviews about them.

Seen a FX65 for £500

Can post full spec if anyone want's to know the full story.

Mrs M

Guru
B11EF04C-6F09-4D30-A88C-8345931410EC.jpeg
I have a Felt road bike, not tried a cyclocross.
Had my bike for 7 years.
Whenever I think about a new bike, it’s never a new road bike as I really like the Felt :smile:
Perfect fit, light and good fun to ride.
Thomas likes it too.

vickster

Legendary Member
Can you test ride it? How does the spec compare to other CX in terms of weight, components. £500 is pretty entry level unless it's heavily reduced, Have you looked at Merlin's offerings as a comparison?

Drago

Legendary Member
I adore my Felt F85, although how that relates to the model you're looking at is questionable. Well thought out, very well finished, good attention to detail is the norm with Felt.

Like Mrs M, I found the Felt an exquisite fit, and the combination of fit and comfort is better than any road bike I've ever ridden at any price. It makes me grin big time every time I open the garage door.

So as a brand they're a bit niche, but with good provenance. Indeed, Jim Felt more or less invented the tri bike as we know it today, so they're not just buying frames on spec from a another manufacturer each model year. They actually develop and design the frames in house in America in the manner of Bianchi and some other similar sized brands. They're not like Wibble, Canyon etc, who just buy frames out the catalogue and order in bulk.

That said, you won't know whether it's right for you until you try it. You may love it, but it may not suit you at all. I love Guinness and Led Zeppelin, but that's no guarantee you do. Go try one and see.

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
Felt doesn't sell so well in the UK, and the models quickly get discounted to move them. Mine was barely half price, and that was from a proper shop.

OP
OP
tom73

tom73

Guru
Can you test ride it? How does the spec compare to other CX in terms of weight, components. £500 is pretty entry level unless it's heavily reduced, Have you looked at Merlin's offerings as a comparison?

Yes I have looked at what Merlin has to offer. The bike in question is 2rd hand about one year old but hardly used , full 105 and TRP Spyre C. It was well over £1000 new ( i've done some checking) The over all spec compares well with other CX i've seen.

OP
OP
tom73

tom73

Guru
7 years! That’s in lovely condition.

Yes sure is was thinking just the same.

vickster

Legendary Member
Yes I have looked at what Merlin has to offer. The bike in question is 2rd hand about one year old but hardly used , full 105 and TRP Spyre C. It was well over £1000 new ( i've done some checking) The over all spec compares well with other CX i've seen.
Sounds good, test ride it...make sure the seller has a receipt. No excuse to not if it's only a year old and bought from new

si_c

Guru
Another vote for Felt bikes, my daily commuter is a VR50 and I've done a fair bit of mileage on it with not a single complaint. The only thing to bear in mind is that as they are relatively uncommon ( a plus in my book ) it's worth sourcing any consumables you might need in advance (I'm thinking derailleur hangers and the like).

As with @Drago and @Mrs M I still enjoy riding mine (11k+ miles in) and would definitely get another.

Top Bottom