Felt Z5 \ Giant Defy Adv 3 \ Specialized Roubaix Elite Compact

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iendicott

Test road all of them today, nothing in it to be honest, all around the same price £1650 - £1750.

Tried a Scott CR1 team but it's a much to skittish ride compared to all the ones mentioned.

Going to be using it for road racing ride outs time trials.
Also when I got back and picked up my hybrid it weighted a ton compare to a full carbon bike.

Decisions decisions.

Help please...........

Thanks Ivan

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
You have test rode them and you want us to tell you which we think best? I think only you have the answer. If there is 'nothing in it' as you say then it's down to which one really takes your fancy.

As the old cliche goes, at the end of the day they are all very nice bikes.
I have the Spesh Roubaix Elite 09 and absolutely love it. Someone else on here will have one of the other bikes and no doubt say the same.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
You could build a much better bike yourself for £1,200 and have fun sourcing the components.

Have you seen what the other guys are using for TT's etc?

OP
OP
iendicott

iendicott

Ian, I just wanted opinions really, and really life experiences with all 3. It was to close to call on all of them to be honest, I must say I was a little dissapointed in the Scott but it did have SRAM shifters on it which where rather "trick" to be honest.

Pete agreed but I know very little about what I need so I'd rather have a purpose built bike, Yes I know it's more expensive but the bike is proven.

I did find the Specialized very comfortable, the Felt was very composed and the Giant was pretty much the same as the Felt to be honest.

The Specialized was the heavier of the bunch (20lbs), then the felt (19.8lbs) then the Giant (19.0lbs) so in terms of weight there is not much in it. I still can't believe the size of the down tube on these bikes, they are huge.

I think it would be between the Spec and Giant if I am honest, both nice looking, both competent bikes. I already have a Giant Hybrid so I am wondering if the Specialized is the one. Gonna do a bit more research and try and sort the wood form the trees.

Thanks Ivan

Top Bottom