Female Cyclist Record Breaker.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Surely different parameters mean different records?
I'm not really talking about what the official position is. I just think celebrating during the record attempt smacked of "What you are doing is now irrelevant because I have already beaten you"!

I wouldn't like it if I had been making a huge effort to achieve something like that, but it didn't seem to worry Kajsa.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I think for today at least it would be nice to just enjoy the fact that an extremely determined and funny young woman has just completed her Year in the Saddle, and will (admin pending) be granted the Guinness World Record, which is what she was aiming at all along.

Her opinions on Amanda are on record, and they are very gracious and full of praise.

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
I think for today at least it would be nice to just enjoy the fact that an extremely determined and funny young woman has just completed her Year in the Saddle, and will (admin pending) be granted the Guinness World Record, which is what she was aiming at all along.

Her opinions on Amanda are on record, and they are very gracious and full of praise.
Fair enough.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
I'm assuming as she is doing laps, its not a popular attempt?
All the evidence I can see suggests that Amanda's venture is very popular. However, I think for most on this site who've been following these things, it's been possible to identify totally with what Kajsa has been doing, more so than with any other participant to date. Amanda's is a totally alien world, to me anyway.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Amanda's is a totally alien world, to me anyway.
Alien to me too ...

I have ridden several hundred miles up and down the local valley roads in the past couple of weeks to boost my annual mileage total. It soon started to do my head in so I had to take to the hills again for some variety. I couldn't imagine doing 200+ miles every day on the same few roads! :wacko:

GuyBoden

Guru
Wow, congratulations to all.

They're all "standing on the shoulders of giants".
billie-fleming-9.jpg

Last edited:

rossw46

Blimey. Well done Kajsa, what an achievement !

This boggles my mind, more so thinking of Billie Fleming doing it in 1938...next time I don't feel like going out, I hope what these 2 have done will give me inspiration.

Top Bottom