Ferry mpg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
linfordlunchbox said:
You don't want to talk cycling with me MrP, you just like arguing the toss about everything else :biggrin:

You constantly lean on the green aspect of cycling as the be all and end all of the pastime/transport. This still doesn't escape the fact that you are a two car family running an MPV as your main family runaround.

I know what I am and don't make any pretentious claims to my green credentials, but what does this make you ?

Why don't you give it a rest ffs. The OP started a thread about ferrries, you turn it to the space shuttle and then it all goes pete tong.

LLB

FatFellaFromFelixstowe said:
Why don't you give it a rest ffs. The OP started a thread about ferrries, you turn it to the space shuttle and then it all goes pete tong.

The Space shuttle is a ferry FFS

4F

linfordlunchbox said:
The Space shuttle is a ferry FFS

I would have said that the space shuttle is a shuttle. In my opinion I reckon you could pick an argument with yourself and still loose.

LLB

I would have said that the space shuttle is a shuttle. In my opinion I reckon you could pick an argument with yourself and still loose.

So what role does it fulfill servicing the ISS :biggrin: ?

4F

Linford, the original post mentioned this

There's just been a report on the BBC about ferry companies increasing their charges because of fuel costs.

Apparently Speedferries carry 170 cars per trip, and use 4000 litres per trip.

That's 5.3 gallons per car per trip. That's a lot isn't it? How far is Dover to Boulogne?

Now looking at that I would have said that the OP was talking about sea ferry travel given that 1) He mentions a company sailing between England and France and 2) he mentions 2 sea ports . Where is the part about space travel and suppyling the ISS ?

LLB

Linford, the original post mentioned this

There's just been a report on the BBC about ferry companies increasing their charges because of fuel costs.

Apparently Speedferries carry 170 cars per trip, and use 4000 litres per trip.

That's 5.3 gallons per car per trip. That's a lot isn't it? How far is Dover to Boulogne?

Now looking at that I would have said that the OP was talking about sea ferry travel given that 1) He mentions a company sailing between England and France and 2) he mentions 2 sea ports . Where is the part about space travel and suppyling the ISS ?

This was a point of issue between myself and MrP FFF

Top Bottom