FFS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lonestar

Veteran
Horrible isn't it...I had three bikes nicked...My first in about 1976 and also in 1988 and 1990.

My mate left his bike outside a shop once and I nicked it as a prank...He went into such a panic I couldn't keep a straight face when he came round to tell me.:blush:

Don't worry I never intended to keep it from him.

Sorry for the OP though,hope you somehow manage to get it back.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Racing roadkill
Sorry to hear this - it's a horrible feeling.
Hope you are swiftly reunited.
I doubt it. I had a good chance to get it back, as the idiot who nicked it rode it past me earlier. I missed, sod it. I’m going to have to write this one off to experience. And I know full well just how scummy these ‘people’ are. I’ll ensure any bike doesn’t leave my side around shitehampton from now on.

OP
OP
Racing roadkill
Damn that is not nice, like many in here I have felt the pain. My first at 15 was a lugless Claud Butler, the first bike I paid for with earned money.
Stuff happens. The guy at the police station did what he could, but I don’t hold out a hope in hell of getting it back, given the dirty little scrote actually rode past me earlier.

Serge

Über Member

Ajax Bay

Guru
ac225f51-45f1-4db0-ba67-e76970324c07-jpeg.jpg

It’s this one. A Triban 560 CF with a Fizik Arione saddle.
Nice bike. Hope you get it back.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Was the thief aware they had been spotted and were being chased?

If not then keep your eyes open and keep visiting the area over the next few weeks and you may well get it back. I have recovered bikes twice in the past after initially seeing them then confronting the rider on a second meeting!

Don't give up hope as it may take a few weeks of just casually cruising around before you happen to cross paths again.

On the other hand, if you were clocked chasing them then the bike may well be toast. They are unlikely to continue using a bike that is so 'hot'.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Sorry to read this @Racing roadkill.
It's the most horrible feeling when they steal your bike, happened to me only the once, a couple of years ago.
I'm still checking out all the bikes I see, in case one is mine.

OP
OP
Racing roadkill
Sorry you had it nicked ,what was the circumstances, was it locked up to somthing
Yeah it was locked to a bike loop. Only by an anti walk off cheapish cable lock to deter opportunists. These buggers used a bolt cropper and were probably driving around looking for a target.

1C506CE8-DBEE-4C5E-8E85-9FBE6A58F891.jpeg

That’s the lock, at least they left it behind. Plod were not much help, they straight up told me they weren’t investigating it, and I get that given the state of affairs in this country. But I got a crime reference number.

OP
OP
Racing roadkill
Was the thief aware they had been spotted and were being chased?

If not then keep your eyes open and keep visiting the area over the next few weeks and you may well get it back. I have recovered bikes twice in the past after initially seeing them then confronting the rider on a second meeting!

Don't give up hope as it may take a few weeks of just casually cruising around before you happen to cross paths again.

On the other hand, if you were clocked chasing them then the bike may well be toast. They are unlikely to continue using a bike that is so 'hot'.
Oh he was well aware he was getting chased down. He may not be aware of the sorts of people he’s now got on his back.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Thieving scum. Hopefully he will contract some embarassing and painful disease of the testicles in the near future.

Fingers crossed it turns up.
Depends on what they are wearing if anything when they sit on the OPs sweat infused saddle.

And i hope you at least get a good payout from your insurance

Top Bottom