Field Guns (anatomy of)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Or go for the Afrika Korps 10.5cm - their emblem was a palm tree

View attachment 410294
Get some tailor's dummies and recreate the whole thing.
I know it sounds crazy,but i actually want to do this now! I'm going into the HA's office later today with mine, yours and the other's ideas,to put to them. I think they might even give me the Hyndburn Homes Resident Of The Year award for this!:biggrin:

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
I know it sounds crazy,but i actually want to do this now! I'm going into the HA's office later today with mine, yours and the other's ideas,to put to them. I think they might even give me the Hyndburn Homes Resident Of The Year award for this!:biggrin:
Go off with a Bang, Accy - all or nothing :thumbsup:

How about, what a Mr Jackson has in his garden, to the eastern side of RAF Finningley????

DSCF0585.JPG

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
[QUOTE 5250792, member: 9609"]presumably the top short barrel is where the shells come out of, but what is the bottom barrel for ? machine gun or smaller shells ?

also, anyone know where you can buy stuff like this - quite fancy one for the garden
View attachment 410274 [/QUOTE]
Thats an Irish design from 1937 by Paddy o'brien . The button at the end of the bottom cannon is the fire button . Paddy sadly died demonstrating his design to the war commission .

Mr Celine

Discordian
[QUOTE 5250792, member: 9609"]

also, anyone know where you can buy stuff like this - quite fancy one for the garden
View attachment 410274 [/QUOTE]

Nice, but surely the very definition of overkill. I find a .177 air rifle sufficient for despatching intruders that venture onto the Celine Towers kitchen garden.

Brains

Legendary Member
A visit to Quex Park (Stately Home on the Isle of Thanet)
Just some of the (all fully operational ) cannon 'protecting' the estate

upload_2018-5-21_21-49-48.png

classic33

Leg End Member
Theres a thead on Pistonheads about it. One of the posters was working on it. The insides look as good as the outside.
Voldemort
"Struggling to see any benefit in this...
Obviously it is not a car and has nothing to do with cars. Surely any knowledge/experience that it might bring has already been learnt from supersonic jet development? Do they really need to break a record they already hold?
Of course it's going to be magnificently built but it's a folly at best and at worst just pissing millions of quid up the wall. Why?
"

Why!!

Top Bottom