Fifteen Months In. How's My Commuting Experience Going?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Lovacott

Lovacott

Über Member
Nice one @Lovacott. Great to hear your loving your cycle commute.
15th year of my current cycle commute this year and I still love it. The great, the good and even the bad.
Here's hoping you'll still be enjoying yours a good few years down the line.
A year ago, it was more a penance than a pleasure and I was doing it because I felt I had to. I knew I needed to do some exercise, I knew I needed to lose a few pounds and bring down my blood pressure.

Now, I am doing it because I actually enjoy it. I don't get stuck in the rush hour traffic jams on the A39, I don't have to fart around trying to find a parking space when I get home. My interactions with other humans on my commute home are friendly waves and "good evenings" as opposed to two finger salutes and effing 'n jeffing.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Devon is not exactly flat so well done you. :okay: You must also be an expert at avoiding potholes by now. ^_^

icowden

Veteran
Ahhh.. commuting. I remember that.

Back in the day, you'd get on your bike and cycle somewhere. That was before the interweb and the great plague, when all of a sudden most of the jobs were working with people inside your television screen... No need for trousers any more or smart suits. Just a smart shirt if you needed to be seen on screen...

Then of course, the commuta-lunch was born. People got fed up of their living rooms, and had lunch outside, somewhere... anywhere....

OP
OP
Lovacott

Lovacott

Über Member
Devon is not exactly flat so well done you. :okay: You must also be an expert at avoiding potholes by now. ^_^
I have built up a pothole map in my head because on some days after rain, nasty potholes simply become innocuous looking little puddles.

Devon has a lot of roads and very little funding and many of the roads are in a shocking condition.

Top Bottom