Film of cyclist knocked off bike and bike run over.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
What did the driver of the silver car think they were doing?

Col5632

Guru
How that silver focus "didnt" see him is beyond me, worries me alot that both cars never even seen him and he was wearing bright clothing and had his light on, even after the golf hit him the woman in the focus should have seen that happen, she acted like she hadnt really done that much wrong and didnt even seemed like she cared that she had hurt the cyclist :cursing: I dont think i could have kept my cool if somebody was that blind :cursing:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
We've got another thread of this somewhere on here. It'll be interesting what happens when it reaches a conclusion.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
She just endlessly, and apparently sincerely, repeats "I didn't see you" in the manner of one, for whom, said phrase is clearly understood as a get-out-of-jail-free card.

Sandra6

Veteran
Freaky coincidence, but I was just watching this yesterday.
The woman was really winding me up with her "I didn't see you" line. I hope you didn't see him otherwise you ran over him on purpose! Not seeing someone isn't any sort of defence.
And at no point (that I recall anyway) do either of the drivers apologise to the poor guy or ask if he's ok.
I was a bit shocked at the numpty on the other end of the phone when he rang the police too - I mean, how many times do you have to spell something before they get it?!

Sandra6

Veteran
[QUOTE 1953494, member: 9609"]Difficult to know how a not guilty plea could be conjured up - may be "by the time I ran him over he was not riding his bike correctly, cyclists should not be flying through the air" !

Anybody else come up with a whacky not guilty excuse ?[/quote]

Well technically the cyclist was in the wrong for lying in the road in the first place.

col.kurtz

Wow, he handled that better than me, I'd either be an emotional, jibbering wreck by the side of the road or instigating my own particular brand of justice:angry: . "I didn't see you mate" should never be an exceptable defence but it's a depressing fact that most Magistrates seemto have more empathy for the driver than the cyclist/motorcyclist in cases like this and will nearly always put it down to being "just one of those things". It would help if causing death by dangerous driving was treated with the gravity it deserves and not just some apathetic little incident that nobody had any control over or could forsee was going to happen.

GrasB

Veteran
Observation isn't see what is there it's also about seeing what should be there but isn't. Just ask my wife, my most common phrase I say in the car is "so, where the hell did he go?".

For this incident "I couldn't see him" means stop & work out what just happened! People don't just disappear. She should have seen him coming towards her on the road. The fact that would have disappeared from visual references should have indicated that something had happend & she needed to work out WTF just happened.

Top Bottom