Film recommendations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
One Life

I watched One Life,last week, with Antony Hopkins, it's the true story of a young London Stock broker who rescued nearly 700 children from the Nazis in Prague in 1938.

It's a story worth telling again and again and again. Especially with today's war problems.

View attachment 719261

Saw this today at the cinema, it’s very good.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
DIstrict 9, Starship Troopers, Chappie if you like Sci-fi.

A bit newer, the Dune remake part 1 was really good, so was The Creator.

As mentioned further up, The Straight Story is an excellent film, so unlike David Lynch. Really liked Lost Highway and Mulholland Drive that he made, which is more the norm for him.

Last edited:
Was Netflix alive when this thread started? 😂
It was still sending out DVDs lol
DIstrict 9, Starship Troopers, Chappie if you like Sci-fi.

A bit newer, the Dune remake part 1 was really good, so was The Creator.

As mentioned further up, The Straight Story is an excellent film, so unlike David Lynch. Really liked Lost Highway and Mulholland Drive that he made, which is more the norm for him.
I've got most of those on a watch list, Dune I need to have a nice Sunday afternoon to watch them both (the sequal is out now isn't it?).

Cletus Van Damme

It was still sending out DVDs lol

I've got most of those on a watch list, Dune I need to have a nice Sunday afternoon to watch them both (the sequal is out now isn't it?).

Dune part 2 is released on 1st March this year, which would imagine is only at the cinema. Never saw the first one there, going to make the effort to watch this one though, much better that kind of film on the big screen.

Cletus Van Damme

Hello all.

It's probably been done before somewhere on here (I seem to remember some threads about peoples fave films) - but I somehow seem to have been given 3 months free DVD rentals on LoveFilm.com and am looking for new films to line up in my 'rental list'.

Can anyone suggest some films which they rate, and give a brief outline of why this film would be worth adding to my list?

I will watch pretty much anything (i.e b/w, subtitled, any genre etc.) and there's no particular slot that films I have enjoyed fit into (AFAIK). To give some idea of films I have enjoyed and recommended to others I include the following list (in no particular order):

A Few good Men
OldBoy
Platoon
12 Angry Men
The Abyss
Hard Candy
Shutter
Shawshank Redemption
Snatch
Schindler's List
Crash
Infernal Affairs
Rain Man

So, my fellow cycling citizens, can you assist me please? :blush:

Recently watched The Abyss again. It's slightly flawed and received bad reviews at the time. Think its Cameron's best film, just in my very humble opinion though. Sure most people prefer T2 or Aliens. Do like Avatar though. It was the diectors cut of The Abyss that I watched though.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Recently watched The Abyss again. It's slightly flawed and received bad reviews at the time. Think its Cameron's best film, just in my very humble opinion though. Sure most people prefer T2 or Aliens. Do like Avatar though. It was the diectors cut of The Abyss that I watched though.

I too liked the Abyss, although the ending is a bit pants, as it lost the real sense of wonder and gripping claustrophobic adventure of the rest

Top Bottom