Films and TV programmes that have influenced you

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
The Simpsons

Garz

Squat Member
Take Hart - got me drawing and creating and eventually I went to art college and studied for a BA hons in fine art.

+1 I loved morph too, later in life when video cameras were shoulder sized me and my friends created many a scene using plasticine albeit if we were lads and not boys anymore... :whistle:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
blue peter... I used to make all sorts out of recycled card board from Marionettes, to clock faces to miniature replica vehicles
I used to love the little snippets of history on PurvesNoakesSingleton era Blue Peter, line drawings and sound effects. Pity, as I failed History O level, but I liked them, anyway.

Until The Life of Brian came along I had thought that I was on my own thinking like that so the film was a great reassurance. I went to London to see it as it was banned locally and that also rather set up my view on the establishment.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
I had almost forgotten about this, but before Apollo 13 came out, I saw, as a kid, a short 5 or 10 minute film on channel 4, the type that they put on to fill time during the day, which consisted entirely of film from the Apollo missions.

There was no commentary, just music which seemed to complement the scenes, vignettes of things if anything, perfectly, and included footage such as the famous film of the rocket stages falling away above a huge, blue Earth, and the tubular section spinning, making an 'O' at just the right angle.

I think it was because they just let the films play unintereupted by voices that I remember it so well, it was, quite frankly gorgeous and spellbinding to me at the time (indeed, some of the film is anyway), it was one of these films that was so good visually that it didn't need anything added to it like narration, it was simply perfect the way it was, even to me, a kid. It oozed quality and I probably would have watched it all day if I could have.

I think it certainly influenced me and my interest in manned spaceflight later on, and I'd LOVE to see it again!

This could have been the 'Space Movie' which aired during the 10th anniversary of the moon landings back in '79. There is no narration, just music if it's the same one I saw. I recall a moment when the astronauts are walking on the moon and the soundtrack had Nights in White Satin on. Nice movie, haven't seen it since.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Ooops, forgot to mention my influences.

Obviously, Star Trek. Apart from all the science tech stuff, I always liked the concept that people in the 23rd/24th century will be much more advanced socially and have higher morals and ethics. So I might live in the 21st century, but I try morally to live in the 24th.

Top Bottom