Films you are glad you've never seen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Cunobelin said:
Basically any "remake" of a classic film.....

Wicker Man, Assault on Precinct 13 to name but just two.

A good philosophy, that. I had 90 minutes or so of the preciously short time I have on this planet used up on the re-made Wicker Man. The word to describe this has yet to be formed as it is far and away the most odious pile of infected bowel juice ever to be farted into the atmosphere.

Funtboy

Sacrilegious views on this thread so far:

The Full Monty
The Big Lebowski
Hitchcock films

Hang your heads!

Funtboy said:
Sacrilegious views on this thread so far:

Hang your heads!

The Full Monty - watched the first ten minutes, got irritated then bored then left the room to do something more interesting.
The Big Lebowski - Well, I watched the whole film, but I can't say I'd bother doing it again.
Hitchcock films - heh...

A

another_dave_b

Cunobelin said:
Basically any "remake" of a classic film.....

Wicker Man, Assault on Precinct 13 to name but just two.

Tricky.

Doesn't work with music, Sinead O'Connor's version of 'Gloomy Sunday' is as good, or better than Billie Holiday's.

The Philidelphia Story, and High Society are both fun.
There are several versions of The 39 Steps, The Four Feathers, Hound of the Baskervilles. etc.

Have to disagree.

Mr Pig

another_dave_b said:
Doesn't work with music, Sinead O'Connor's version of 'Gloomy Sunday' is as good, or better than Billie Holiday's.

And a lot of the songs considered classics were actually covers of existing songs. It's been going on since the year dot.

Mortiroloboy

User482 said:
The point about Brokeback mountain is that it isn't about cowboys; it's about forbidden love. If you were expecting a cowboy film it's no wonder you were disappointed!

I have never seen the film, once the 'plot' was disclosed on a film review programme I immediately lost all interest in it.

jpembroke

User482 said:
The point about Brokeback mountain is that it isn't about cowboys; it's about forbidden love. If you were expecting a cowboy film it's no wonder you were disappointed!

Quite right. They're not cowboys anyway, they're just hired hands looking after a flock of sheep. There are no cows in Brokeback Mountain.

It's a great book, and a great film.

(and before the neanderthals start: no, they do not have sex with the sheep).

jpembroke

The third Pirates of the Caribbean film. I watched about 40 minutes of it before I could take no more. Truly one of the worst films I've ever (almost) watched.

Top Bottom