Films you are glad you've never seen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
yello said:
Isn't it? Not a bad film but just a very very ordinary one. It must have been a bad year for films is all I can figure.
Has to be one of the strangest 'endings' too. In my book and ending actually involves some form of 'ending' rather than simply (effectively) cutting the film off at the end of a rather bizarre sentence...

Highly overrated!

ju5t1n

Dude, where's my car?

yello

Big Lebowski? ... a huge let down for me. I think it was the Cohen Brothers trying to do Tarantino... or something. Suffice to say, it's a movie I could have done without seeing.

barq

Mamma Mia. Mark Kermode, who I generally trust as a reviewer, said it was so bad it was good. But I really don't want to put myself through it.

beanzontoast said:
For me it would be Thelma and Louise. [edit] Plus the fact that the ending has been given away so often, I can't see the point of watching it anyway!

I think that is one of those endings that doesn't matter if you see it coming. If anything it ratchets up the tension knowing how it will all end. I think it is a good film, but not one I necessarily like. I find the rape in it quite difficult.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Until very recently I was the only person I'd come across who'd never seen a single Star Wars movie. Having now seen the first, I'm glad I haven't seen any of the others. Haven't seen any of the super-hero ones either, Hulk, Spidreman or any Supermans - have no desire to. I did see one of the Star Trek ones - it had whales in, rather to my surprise. But again, nothing to persuade me that time spent watching any of the others would not have been time wasted.

Belly said:
Anything with Liz Hurley in it. I loved the first Austin Powers film, but, Jeez, that woman ruined it for me whenever she was on screen. :ohmy:

How can you say that!!
It was the peak of her acting career!!
200px-Vanessa4a.jpg

Blue Manc

Any of that Lord of the Rings tosh
Anything written by Richard Curtis
Anything directed by Baz Luhrman
Any of the Die Hard films

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I've seen almost all of the films mentioned above, and, deer Cycle Chatters, your judgement is smack on the money. From now on, I'm going to seek clearance from these parts before going to the cinema

(exept for Moulin Rouge, which is a masterpiece)

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
[quote name='swee'pea99']Until very recently I was the only person I'd come across who'd never seen a single Star Wars movie.[/quote]I thought my Wife was the only person on the planet who has never seen any of the Star Wars films (or any of the Indiana Jones ones, or even any of the Alien ones)... but then when I mentioned this to a friend of mine it turns out his Wife is the same!! Small world (but I wouldn't want to paint it). :biggrin:

Sh4rkyBloke said:
I thought my Wife was the only person on the planet who has never seen any of the Star Wars films (or any of the Indiana Jones ones, or even any of the Alien ones)... but then when I mentioned this to a friend of mine it turns out his Wife is the same!! Small world (but I wouldn't want to paint it). :biggrin:

What, SAME wife?! :smile:

Top Bottom