Films you've switched off half way through or walked out of

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
Not only was Highlander 2 a truly dreadful film, but it was so disappointing after the excellence of Highlander (the one where the Frenchman played the Scottish warrior, and the worlds most famous Scot played the Egyptian).
In fact, Highlander 2 was so bad that I've never felt inclined to watch Highlander 3...

There's another 3...

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
There's another 3...

:eek:

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Feeling a bit smug here, I'm one of those lucky Highlander fans that was warned no to watch the second one and actually listened. Still never seen any of the sequels and probably never will.

We were drunk on new years eve and realised tomorrow was going to be a right off and the critically slammed Highlander 2 opened in the morning. We agreed to go and hate watch it and were not disappointed. We laughed all the way, much to the consternation of the half dozen there to enjoy it.

Highlander 3 is better because it completely ignores the existence of 2. It's just an old school lazy sequel.

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
Transporter 2, I lost the ability to suspend my disbelief when he jumped the car off a ramp, twisted it upside down in midair, and scraped a bomb off the bottom of the car with a crane hook as he passed.

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
We were drunk on new years eve and realised tomorrow was going to be a right off and the critically slammed Highlander 2 opened in the morning. We agreed to go and hate watch it and were not disappointed. We laughed all the way, much to the consternation of the half dozen there to enjoy it.

Highlander 3 is better because it completely ignores the existence of 2. It's just an old school lazy sequel.
Apparently if you still haven't had enough Highlander, the TV series is quite good. I wouldn't know as I followed my brothers advice and never watched 2 or 3.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll

I wish I'd had a prior warning. What's most annoying (apart from the exiles from the planet Zeist bollcks, and all the gaping plot holes) is... Highlander doesn't need a sequel. The story ended. I should have known but even after all these years... it still hurts.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Transporter 2, I lost the ability to suspend my disbelief when he jumped the car off a ramp, twisted it upside down in midair, and scraped a bomb off the bottom of the car with a crane hook as he passed.
Transporter 1 was one film i should have switched off after the opening action scene... that was total and utter pants too. Luc Besson should hang his head in shame for his involvement (but then again, he's done a few clangers now).

Apparently if you still haven't had enough Highlander, the TV series is quite good. I wouldn't know as I followed my brothers advice and never watched 2 or 3.

Yep, 2 & 3 were a waste of time.
The series was good, if a little repetitive, and introduced me to the music of Jim Byrnes.
Highlander the Raven is totally non-memorable (if that a word). Just a means to try and make another spin off.

After all this farting about we still don't get a proper soundtrack album for the first movie?!! Gordon Bennett what does it take? Is it like Dr Who where dimwits collect the tapes the BBC are desperate for just so they know it's them denying the world something nice?

Blimey I'm ranty for a Sunday :angry:

mustang1

Legendary Member
Fast and Furious. I even convinced myself that I have to watch the movie with an open mind (there was nothing else on and I just wanted to watch sometbing).

But with some movies, you really do need a very very open mind. I just couldn't cope.

Top Bottom