Films you've switched off half way through or walked out of

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
The Girl On The Train.
Switched off the DVD tonight. Mrs B thought it was based on the book when she picked it up. It isn't. Or at least our version isn't.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
The 40 year old Virgin.
Miss Goodbody is looking for one of those, for a home-filming project she's working on.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Fast and Furious 6.

Ridiculous dross on so many levels. No plots, glamorisation of bad driving, Vin Unleaded grunting his lines, Dwayne Johnson walking about as if he had a roll of invisible carpet under each arm, dreadful weapons drills, Vin Fourstar getting shot at close range with a 5.45 pistol round and it only penetrates an inch into his shoulder instead of going through him and the wall behind and a mile out the other side.

I can dig suspending disbelief, but this was so far fetched im surprised they didn't have faeries in it, or a cameo from Lord Lucan.

Not wishing to be rude, but what the-f did you expect? It ain't gonna be Citizen Kane is it? To be fair I haven't seen it or its five predecessors, but your descriprion of it is exactly what I'd have expected.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Have you seen Hateful Eight?

Of all his films (and I am a fan), this was my favourite
I disliked it intensely.

I freely admit that this is probably my problem, given the approbation that there is for his work generally. Another one that appears, to me, to be a complete load of shite is Inglorious Basterds. People whose opinions I respect quite like this, and I'm as baffled by that as a babboon would be by a pocket calculator.

Last edited:
OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I disliked it intensely.

I freely admit that this is probably my problem, given the approbation that there is for his work generally. Another one that appears, to me, to be a complete load of shite is Inglorious Basterds. People whose opinions I respect quite like this, and I'm as baffled by that as a babboon would be by a pocket calculator.

It's great to have differing opinions. I have to say your review was rather more erudite than my "this was my favourite". Mrs N hasn't seen it but I suspect she will pronounce it "good"

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
LaLa Land. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Ah, c'mon. It wasn't good, let alone worth six Oscars (or one, for that matter), but it's not *that* bad.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Ah, c'mon. It wasn't good, let alone worth six Oscars (or one, for that matter), but it's not *that* bad.

It had a couple of good moments, well two I guess: the opening number and the fantasy dance scene at the observatory. Apart from that it was poor, or at least very disaponting. Dull music, neither lead can sing, the bloke being downright woefull, arguably OK acting, just a huge disapointment. The overblown comparisons with Singin' in the Rain, quite apart from being risible, just serve to undermine it further.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
It had a couple of good moments, well two I guess: the opening number and the fantasy dance scene at the observatory. Apart from that it was poor, or at least very disaponting. Dull music, neither lead can sing, the bloke being downright woefull, arguably OK acting, just a huge disapointment. The overblown comparisons with Singin' in the Rain, quite apart from being risible, just serve to undermine it further.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not for a moment suggesting it was a good movie - and as I say, the Oscars were absurd, and will embarrass the Academy for years to come (insofar as they are embarrassable) - just that compared to some of the other candidates mentioned hereabouts, it wasn't that bad. Both leads, eg, should be allowed to live, whereas Nicolas Cage should be garrotted for Captain Corelli's Mandolin.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Both leads, eg, should be allowed to live, whereas Nicolas Cage should be garrotted for Captain Corelli's Mandolin.

Rubbish, I couldn't give a stuff about spome poncy captain, his dodgy instrument or the 'wonderful' book it stemmed from. Cage should die purely and simply for Ghostrider, everything else pales in comparison to the enormity of that crime.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
The Last Emperor. It may well have been an amazing feast for the eyes... Blah... Blah... Nine oscars... Blah.. Yawn

I walked out of a performance by The Moscow State Circus, as a protest against animal treatment. This was in it's original home, few years before the breakup of the USSR. Fascinating place.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Have you seen Hateful Eight?

Of all his films (and I am a fan), this was my favourite
now trhat's one i wish i'd switched off halfway through, but i stuck with it, in spite of barely anything happening in the first 90 minutes... even less happened after that. I'm a fan of all (most) of his films and they're packed with memorable moments, but for me, Hateful Eight only had one... nailing the door shut.

Top Bottom