Films you've switched off half way through or walked out of

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
To me, it's one of the great science films of the 80s. Which ones do you rank higher?

Dune

Swordfish.
Unfortunately I came to the 'give up' conclusion in the last few minutes when I saw the bus being put on the roof, where it's totally obvious it's a big steel box, with box shaped things with wheels painted on them.
My compliments to Halle Berry as her appearance is one of the few points of the film I remember. Also if you want me to do some computer hacking don't bother with the gun, the other enticement will do fine.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Bladerunner is a very good film, the new one is good too. To say otherwise is mental.

MikeG

Guru
The execrable Johnny English film featuring childish slapstick and face pulling is the only film I've ever bothered walking out of. Frankly, I had better things to do, and despite driving 20 miles and spending £20 to see it with my wife, we couldn't put up with it a minute longer. Bridges of Madison County was a notable worst-of-the-rest, but it would be hard to be worse than Johnny English. Normally in a film I wasn't interested in I'd just fall asleep, but that, I felt, would be giving that bilge more attention that it had any right to.

Bladerunner is a very good film, the new one is good too. To say otherwise is mental.
wrongness.gif

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Swordfish.
Unfortunately I came to the 'give up' conclusion in the last few minutes when I saw the bus being put on the roof, where it's totally obvious it's a big steel box, with box shaped things with wheels painted on them.
My compliments to Halle Berry as her appearance is one of the few points of the film I remember. Also if you want me to do some computer hacking don't bother with the gun, the other enticement will do fine.
now that's a film I wish I'd switched off halfway through.... in fact, i wish i'd never switched it on.

Top Bottom