Films you've switched off half way through or walked out of

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Anyway, Churchill....I would have walked out, it was so rubbish. But I was on a plane. I fell asleep

Last edited by a moderator:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Tosh.. RD is his best movie by far imo.
yooooooouuuu.......... just yooouuuuuuuuu Mcginty
You've mis-spelt Jackie Brown there :smile:

Tarantino is a real blind spot for me. I find his stuff so self indulgent, mannered and morally dizzy, despite trying to like it. Django Unchained was the last thing of his that I was close to thinking half decent, and throughout that, I was thinking of all the westerns I could be watching that are less in love with their own cleverness.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Tommy, the Who's 1975 rock opera film , although it was 38 years ago and was School film club.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey

Tarantino is a real blind spot for me. I find his stuff so self indulgent, mannered and morally dizzy, despite trying to like it. Django Unchained was the last thing of his that I was close to thinking half decent, and throughout that, I was thinking of all the westerns I could be watching that are less in love with their own cleverness.
Have you seen Hateful Eight?

Of all his films (and I am a fan), this was my favourite

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...

Yeah Jackie Brown was OK, Django was another horrible nasty film, what's the matter with him, the feckin nob.

Drago

Legendary Member
Fast and Furious 6.

Ridiculous dross on so many levels. No plots, glamorisation of bad driving, Vin Unleaded grunting his lines, Dwayne Johnson walking about as if he had a roll of invisible carpet under each arm, dreadful weapons drills, Vin Fourstar getting shot at close range with a 5.45 pistol round and it only penetrates an inch into his shoulder instead of going through him and the wall behind and a mile out the other side.

I can dig suspending disbelief, but this was so far fetched im surprised they didn't have faeries in it, or a cameo from Lord Lucan.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Fast and Furious 6.

Ridiculous dross on so many levels. No plots, glamorisation of bad driving, Vin Unleaded grunting his lines, Dwayne Johnson walking about as if he had a roll of invisible carpet under each arm, dreadful weapons drills, Vin Fourstar getting shot at close range with a 5.45 pistol round and it only penetrates an inch into his shoulder instead of going through him and the wall behind and a mile out the other side.

I can dig suspending disbelief, but this was so far fetched im surprised they didn't have faeries in it, or a cameo from Lord Lucan.

Yeah they're ok, good fun.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
The 40 year old Virgin. I gave up after about half an hour and left.
The Golden Compass.
Based on a Philip Pullman book.
Truly dire. We managed half an hour of it.
Total tosh, boring as anything and it didn't seem to go anywhere. I couldn't leave as I had taken a friend's daughter. I might have snoozed.

Mind you, I fell asleep through Watchmen. The comic was better.

Top Bottom