Films you've switched off half way through or walked out of

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I can only imagine they were threatening his family off screen...

Bronhom has a history of tortured performances. Fans of Adam & Joe may be familiar with this gem...

View: https://youtu.be/tXcgt6l_LcA

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Cable Guy
Knowing
Event Horizon
Eyes Wide Shut
The Machinist
Contact
Ghosts of Mars
Freddie Got Fingered
Any Police Academy movie
Highlander 2 (and anything after)
Anything starring Ben Stiller, Adam Sandler or Jack Black

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Surely any film by Ridley Scott has to be much favoured by cyclists. Closely followed by the Italian films of Bianchi Colnago.
Jochim Aerts named his bike brand Ridley because he wanted something that sounded international (most Belgian companies used their own names or Italian ones) and Alien and Blade Runner were two of his favourite films.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
I tried Blade Runner again last night.

My idea was that the great Vangelis soundtrack would get me through the bad bits so I hooked up my DAC and headphones and watched the Blu Ray Final Cut.

It started off absolutely fantastic - until you hit the boring middle of the film when the soundtrack does the musical equivalent of taking 10 minutes to examine a Polaroid photograph:sad:

So ended my latest attempt to like the film.

Threevok

I tried Blade Runner again last night.

My idea was that the great Vangelis soundtrack would get me through the bad bits so I hooked up my DAC and headphones and watched the Blu Ray Final Cut.

It started off absolutely fantastic - until you hit the boring middle of the film when the soundtrack does the musical equivalent of taking 10 minutes to examine Polaroid photograph:sad:

So ended my latest attempt to like the film.

I'm glad it isn't just me. I really don't see what all the fuss is about that film, I never did.

To me, it's the Sci-Fi equivalent of "The Emperor's New Clothes"

petek

Über Member
Three times I have attempted to watch that film and three times I have fallen asleep
MrsP was a fan of the book and has just taken delivery this week of his new one 'The Book of Dust', first of a trilogy apparently.
I find his work bleak in the extreme and that movie was just bad.

I'm glad it isn't just me. I really don't see what all the fuss is about that film, I never did.

To me, it's the Sci-Fi equivalent of "The Emperor's New Clothes"
No, it isn't. It's just a film some like. You're not one of them.

I first saw it on my own, in the student cinema. I didn't know anything about it, I was already a fan of Ridley Scott (though I'm not sure I name checked him before the movie) and of course I liked Harrison Ford. I was blown away. I still love it.

Threevok

You need to pick a different allegory then. The emperor was naked in that story, not just dully dressed.

I wasn't referring to the film, I referring to people's public perception of it

I think it's been "bigged up" because it's fashionable to do so

It's what's got Ricky Gervais where he is today

Top Bottom