Films you've switched off half way through or walked out of

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Proto

Legendary Member
Buena Vista Social Club. Hated everything about it. The dreary old Cubans, playing dreadful their music. Tedious, unintersting, horrible. Couldn't take any more, so half way through got up walked out. Sat in the foyer awaiting my wife who loved the film and refused to quit with me.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
While I MIGHT tend to agree on the second one, I found the first to be brilliant and loved it which made the sequel all that more disappointing.
I'm not sure I'd go as far as 'brilliant', but I did enjoy it quite a lot, albeit rather guiltily. Never bothered with #2 tho' - if ever there was a one-gag movie...I just took it as read that any sequel was sure to be crap, and everything I heard about it was bad.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Jack Nicholson and Meryl Streep in Ironweed. Any film set during the Great Depression featuring homeless alcoholics with terminal illness should be reconsidered as a good night out.
On the pluss side there was lots of acting in the movie. I dont know who did the most acting, Jack or Meryl but they both acted a lot.
You thought that was bad? Try Terms of Endearment. An absolute stinker.

PaulB

Legendary Member
The remake of 'Wicker Man' Started watching it on a plane, and decided I'd rather try and eat my own socks.
Agreed. If Nic Cage is in it, you know it's going to be mince. I particularly loved the line when Cage says in that film, 'Step away from the bicycle' for absolutely no reason at all.

AndyRM

XOXO
Agreed. If Nic Cage is in it, you know it's going to be mince. I particularly loved the line when Cage says in that film, 'Step away from the bicycle' for absolutely no reason at all.

Nah, Cage is quality. It's just a shame that he's peppered his career with absolute dross. The Wicker Man remake isn't even the worst of his efforts, take a bow Ghost Rider!

subaqua

What’s the point
Marley and Me.
My wife got free tickets. Insisted it would be a romantic break from the kids. I feigned chronic diarrhea all day, to no avail. Had to make several emergency toilet trips throughout the film. (Smoked 10 cigs and had 5 pints before closing credits.)

thats a good credit for retaining the Man badge you nearly had to surrender for going to see it. !

Top Bottom