Films you've switched off half way through or walked out of

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Solaris, its one of the only films we switched off because we just got bored and lost the will to watch it.

The remake or the original. I really enjoyed the remake and thought it had a real sense of wonder as well as great sadness. Prompted me to re-watch the original which is admittedly very slow, but still has quality and power.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
The Stallone version of Get Carter.
Films like that deserve their very own place in the Hall of Shame. Or there could be an anti-Oscar: For Crap Remakes of Films that Were Great and Didn't Need Remaking in the First Place. See also Wicker Man, The LadyKillers...

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
The remake or the original. I really enjoyed the remake and thought it had a real sense of wonder as well as great sadness. Prompted me to re-watch the original which is admittedly very slow, but still has quality and power.
You arent the first to say its good but I just found it slow and boring, maybe I will watch it if I ever catch it but lifes too short to go out of my way to watch it again.

Oldbloke

Guru
Walked out of 2; in the 70s deluge of Kung Fu films one called "The New One Armed Swordsman", there was a near riot in the place after 10 minutes, film was stopped and everybody got their money back.

A few weeks ago went to see La La Land, left after about 40 minutes followed by a few others.

Jack Nicholson and Meryl Streep in Ironweed. Any film set during the Great Depression featuring homeless alcoholics with terminal illness should be reconsidered as a good night out.
On the pluss side there was lots of acting in the movie. I dont know who did the most acting, Jack or Meryl but they both acted a lot.

Last edited:
Walked out of 2; in the 70s deluge of Kung Fu films one called "The New One Armed Swordsman", there was a near riot in the place after 10 minutes, film was stopped and everybody got their money back.

A few weeks ago went to see La La Land, left after about 40 minutes followed by a few others.
The original One Armed Swordsman is a Kung Fu classic

Drago

Legendary Member
I recall bailing out halfway through Quantum of Solace when it came out on Blu Ray. When In was browsing the blurb on the back of the packaging in Tesco I failed to read the bit that described how it had no plot.

Top Bottom