Films you've switched off half way through or walked out of

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Theres a lot were I've thought the trailer was as much as I wanted to see. Bearing in mind the trailer is supposed to get you to go and pay to watch the full film, watching it and thinking 'THOSE are the BEST bits?' says it all.

Walked out of? 'The thin red line' I walked out, leaving the lad I'd gone with snoring gently in his seat. He found me after it finished in the pub and demanded I bought him beer for leaving him there. I did give it another try a few years later and watched it through.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
Inception. I appreciate it was well done but I couldn't understand it despite trying and found it very boring and a massive drag. That's down to personal taste though really.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Last Tango in Paris.
Watched about 40 minutes then we walked out.
As we did so, about half the audience followed us.
They must have been waiting for someone to make the first move.:laugh:

U

User32269

Marley and Me.
My wife got free tickets. Insisted it would be a romantic break from the kids. I feigned chronic diarrhea all day, to no avail. Had to make several emergency toilet trips throughout the film. (Smoked 10 cigs and had 5 pints before closing credits.)

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
True story.

I had the chance to get free tickets to a show by Adam Sandler and hang around with him. Much to my wife's chagrin I declined both (in retrospect, perhaps I shouldn't have asked how much money I'd be paid). Having said that, I certainly hold no ill will towards him, and good luck to him and he's made a bundle of money, -just that I personally find his humour dreadful. My general rule of thumb is if he's in a movie, I just know it has to be awful. Makes me wonder if not only would I not see a movie with Adam Sandler and Steven Seagal in it, but that I might actually physically run away from it......

A lot of Americans like him though.

May i include anything with Adam Sandler in as well?

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
Back in the student days I used to be able to get into Showcase Cinemas* in Nottingham for a quid. Well, I love films and oftentimes at that price I'd find I'd been to all the films showing -but the one thing that stands out to me was the absolute classic "Maniac Cop". Even as a younger more innocent and less cynical viewer (I seem to recall thinking that "Labyrinth" was entertaining at that time in my life -please don't read that out loud) I was truly astounded by the awfulness of it. Everything about it was.... well bloody awful. Nothing redeeming about it whatsoever. I think they may have made "Maniac Cop II" as well, no wonder there are some extremists in the world who want to get rid of us, we brought it on ourselves.

Other beauties: aaah, "Postcards From the Edge", really did make me want to go to the edge. And as I posted before, anything with Adam Sandler or Steven Seagal in it. I'd almost say "Showgirls" as well, but it held a morbid fascination to see it crash and burn -a car crash in slow motion so to speak.

*interesting thing about Showcase cinemas, they are -or at least were -absolutely identical in the USA and UK in terms of building design, decor and trailers about asking people not to talk during the show. Down to the last thread pattern on the carpets and seats. Eerily similar, so much so if you were in one, you really wouldn't know which country you were in unless you saw the pound or dollar signs.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Does it have to be a film? I ask because last night, in the absence of the outstanding 'Call the Midwife', we watched 'Vera' and both wished the line from 'We built this village on a Trad. Arr. tune' had come true. You all know the one I mean. The one that goes, 'Act one, scene one, Brenda Blethyn gets shot.' because that has got to be the worst, going-round-and-round-but-getting-nowhere rubbish ITV thought it could foist on to the public.

Another song - same band - also came to mind. You know, the one that goes, 'In the kingdom off the blind, it's said the one-eyed man is King. And in the kingdom of the bland, it's nine o'clock on ITV.' And never did that ring more true than last night. I couldn't tell you who did it because I couldn't have cared less. What a waste of a talented actress to put her in drivel like this!

Top Bottom