Films you've switched off half way through or walked out of

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
The Wicker Man remake - US stye
The remake of 'Wicker Man' Started watching it on a plane, and decided I'd rather try and eat my own socks.
giphy.gif

Anything by Tarantino. I like the music from Pulp Fiction though. Any of you **********ers disagree and I'll flame every last farking one of you!
I'd not go as far as anything (Jackie Brown is good, Django Unchained is ok). But yes. Needs an editor, and for his films to be less obviously in love with how clever they think they are.
Mama Mia - dreadful, I mean, really, really dreadful and I speak as an Abba fan.
Probably your last chance to hear Pierce Brosnan sing "SOS" like a man with a gun to his head though.
I think Robocop 3 surely has to take the title of worste film of all time?.
Birdemic: Shock and Terror, Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen? (Inept and cynically awful respectively).
You rate the pointless Daniel Craig GWTDT remake but not The Big Lebowski?
giphy.gif

Nah, Cage is quality. It's just a shame that he's peppered his career with absolute dross. The Wicker Man remake isn't even the worst of his efforts, take a bow Ghost Rider!
Seen "Left Behind" yet?
giphy.gif

"Not even crazy Cage can make this shitpile of a book worth watching. God forbid they actually try to make it into a series."

Rezillo

TwoSheds
Arrival got good reviews when it was in the cinema. I didn't see it so I was looking forward to the bluray release.

Arrival arrived yesterday (ha!) - oh dear. An awful film - desperately trying to be serious and meaningful but lacking any kind of content to support its cinematic moodiness. Difficult to say much without giving away the paper-thin storyline but when I started laughing at the breakthrough communication scenes, I knew that was it for me.

midlife

Guru
Saturn 3 on the telly, I thought Kirk Douglas had died and they were using some sort of stuffed dummy with the stomach tied with string like he was permanently holding it in......

Please don't Google it or you will feel nauseous.

Shaun

keithmac

Guru
Was just thinking about this thread last night while flicking through the Tivo guide looking for a film.

I may have to take back Robocop 3 and replace it with any film "starring" Steven Seagal (and there's quite a few!).

Genuinely surprised he hasn't been mentioned already.

Alternatively anything on the SyFy Channel, they seem to completely rip a film off with a poor budget remake and alter the title slightly to get away with it..

potsy

Rambler
I did not walk out but wish I had when I watched Reservoir Dogs, at the time people were raving about it, I found it incredibly slow and dull.

Nowadays I give films 20 minutes, no more.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
The remake of The Italian Job. I should of known better, but I lasted almost 30 minuits before I gave up.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
You'll love Dr Zhivago then!

Though I've not actually see that, it does occur to me that there's a difference between nothing particularly happening in 20 minutes and clearly being crap after 20 minutes. A few of my favourite films have nothing much happening all the way through

Top Bottom