Finally achieved my first century.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
For the last couple of years, since doing an 80 mile bike ride, I've been planning to get my century ride under my belt. Well last Thursday I finally got round to doing it :biggrin:

I cycled up to Gloucester along the A303,A37, through Bristol and up the A38. It took me 9h15m including breaks with about 8 hours actually in the saddle. One thing that made me really happy is that I hit the 80 mile mark in about 7 hours; when I did my 80 mile trip a couple of years ago it was an 8 hour trip including breaks.

So yeah, I'm a happy chappy. My next aim is to do some training then attempt a 140 mile trip to Penzance :smile:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Nice one. Well done.

OP
OP
Jefferson Meriwether
Any tips?

The only tip I have as such at the mo (Which is possibly more for people doing their 1st century with little training beforehand.) is find a comfortable pace and don't worry too much about quick times :smile: I'm sure more experienced long distance cyclists will have much better tips than that lol

congrats fella!! feels good to get first one under your belt doesnt it!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks ^_^ It certainly does feel very good indeed; I'm definitely want to get a lot more under my belt now.

Top Bottom