FINALLY got me a proper bike.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gaz Vickers

The wife surprised me today......
rockrider.jpg

byegad

Legendary Member
Swap?

Wife's like that are hard to find!

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
I have the older model 5.2, bought for £180 on clearance when these new ones came out. Great value, I have recently put some of Decathlon's 26x1.5 Vittoria Randonneur tyres on it for road use. Currently on sale at £7.99 each.

One thing I would suggest before riding is to pop the wheels off and spin the axles to see if the bearings feel lumpy or catchy. If they do, take them you your LBS and have them set-up correctly, unless you can do it yourself. I didn't check mine and after 1 year the cones were all pitted. They are not covered by the warranty (confirmed by the cycle manager at my local store) as they are wear and tear items.

OP
OP
Gaz Vickers

Gaz Vickers

I have the older model 5.2, bought for £180 on clearance when these new ones came out. Great value, I have recently put some of Decathlon's 26x1.5 Vittoria Randonneur tyres on it for road use. Currently on sale at £7.99 each.

One thing I would suggest before riding is to pop the wheels off and spin the axles to see if the bearings feel lumpy or catchy. If they do, take them you your LBS and have them set-up correctly, unless you can do it yourself. I didn't check mine and after 1 year the cones were all pitted. They are not covered by the warranty (confirmed by the cycle manager at my local store) as they are wear and tear items.
Thanks for heads up, i will keep them wheel and tyre sizes in mind for if i want road tyres in the near future. :thumbsup:
Have fun! Decathlon's cycling stuff is pretty decent actually. My gloves and jersey-type-things are from there.
Cheers, i will certainly try. :thumbsup:

nick.b

nice, the only thing missing on it is the mud, Go get it Muddy already!

Top Bottom