Finally I got my new bike! (short film)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

77seconds

Hello, I am new to this forum - I live in Italy (Lake Como) - from my childhood I'm passionate about bikes and filmography - so recently I decided to put together a few amateur (I'm not a pro) contents about the bikes, just short films anyway - I find this forum-section quite interesting, so I decided to register and post one of my jobs.

“I finally received a brand new Ritchey Road Logic Disc frame kit and components to build my new bike. The plan was to put together the bike over the weekend…but surprisingly I found the bike already assembled when I returned home from work today!“

I do hope you like it.

View: https://vimeo.com/352988849

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Mod Note:
Ciao @77seconds, benvenuto a Cycle Chat :welcome:
I've moved your thread from the bike buying section to general cycling.
Question:
if it was a surprise, who did the filming? :whistle: ^_^

OP
OP

77seconds

Mod Note:
Ciao @77seconds, benvenuto a Cycle Chat :welcome:
I've moved your thread from the bike buying section to general cycling.
Question:

Oh sorry if I posted it in the wrong section and thanks for welcoming!

Who did the filming? This is a legitimate question... ^_^

I personally shot all the scenes of all my "shorts" - I am an amateur "solo" filmmaker - I film myself or other subjects without involving a third person such as a cameraman - quite challenging task sometimes, however it delivers tons of satisfaction when the result is something acceptable.

Regarding the film posted above... if we move from a cinematography environment, getting back to real life, I was very surprised to see how a very young guy assembled a bike (of course not completely - and following my instructions) just by using a multitool especially if considering this was his first attempt to do such a job.

This project was born to combine a few elements - bike should be (in my opinion) a simple object, so simple that "any kid can put it together" - also we should involve our guys into our own hobbies, saving them from abusing tablets or smartphones which are very very seductive objects especially for young people...

If you wish, enjoy the rest of my job vimeo.com/77seconds
or here instagram.com/77secondsfilm/

Thanks to those who liked my video.

Last edited:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Great little film! I love the tactile clicks as you assemble the bits.

How does the bike ride?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Mummy (daddy #2?)/brother/sister/friend?
Great little film! I love the tactile clicks as you assemble the bits.
He (supposedly) didn't - his son did it as a surprise! (It does seem a bit advanced for a child to do, but maybe he started learning when he was very young? :whistle: )

Top Bottom