Finding a person's date of birth. Is there an official register I can access?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
I got so far, then this appeared.

Your order summary​

£ - GBP€ - EUR
14-Day Free Trial
Premium membership
£0.00
14 days free, then £69.99 every six months until you cancel.

:rolleyes:

That's how 14 day free trials tend to work...

Just cancel it once you've got the info you need, if they have it.

vickster

Legendary Member
Assume you've tried just Googling his full name to see if anything comes up (adding anything else specific to him)?

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Would it be on your parents marriage certificate if you or your brother have kept that?
He's just sent me a pic' of their marriage certificate. Sadly no dates of birth, only how old they were (24 and 21) when the marriage took place in 1956. However I have found their addresses before they got married. I knew the close and avenue names, but not the actual numbers. I've always wondered and now I know.:smile:

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Assume you've tried just Googling his full name to see if anything comes up (adding anything else specific to him)?
I'm gonna leave this searching till later tonight. It's sending me :wacko:.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
You can get a 14 day free trial on ancestry.com.
I tried them once out of idle curiosity. I did a search for my son which came up with nothing! :laugh: A waste of time and money.

@Accy cyclist I don't know the ins and outs but births, deaths and marriages have been registered in the UK since 1875 when it became compulsory. If you have just the smallest detail on your father's birth it should be possible to do a local physical search rather than fiddling about on the web.

Location, full name and year (1932?) should do it.

Last edited:

Alex321

Veteran
I tried them once out of idle curiosity. I did a search for my son which came up with nothing! :laugh: A waste of time and money.
Probably not great for loking up descendants - designed for the opposite :smile:

My wife uses it a lot, with a fully paid up subscription. She has parts of both our families now going back to the late 17th century.

Top Bottom