Finding info on Bianchi..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chriscross1966

Über Member
Hi folks, well i just pulled the trigger and bought a rather neglected Bianchi on ebay. Bottom bracket is stamped I-0 with serial number 5740. It's astonishingly light for a steel frame, badged as Columbus SLX tubes and has Columbus forks with a crown with both the badge and Bianchi stamped in (not decals) but the Bianchi on the seat stays is a decal as is the head badge. I suspect the distinctive "Argentin" paint job may be an owner modification as the bike is fitted with a 7-speed Shimano Exage Sport groupset, in good nick under the cobwebs...

Cycleops

Legendary Member
We need pics Chris!

OP
OP
chriscross1966

chriscross1966

Über Member
We need pics Chris!

20200307_113952_compress85.jpg
Mistreated... massive plastic pedals, that basket and the 23mm Michelin Pros are completely shot...

OP
OP
chriscross1966

chriscross1966

Über Member
She is getting 11-speed Centaur (currently 7-speed Exage) so some frame massaging might be necessary, and I'm going to have a crack at a technique ive seen on youtube (admittedly from BMX modders) of how to get a 1 1/8" forks into 1" headtubes... if it works those Laminati (which have embossed, not decaled crowns) will be replaced with some Carbon Tusks. The Argentin paintjob might be spurious, as might be the Columbus SLX badge but that said, i was shocked at how little this bike weighs, also, after years riding Bromptons I was surprised at how agile she was once i fitted a pair of tyres (25mm Vittorio Corsa tanwalls) that hold air, most big wheelers feel like supertankers, i suspect the lightweight frame has something to do with that, this thing just feels fast.... That entire groupset will be for sale soon, with the wheels, it's getting a set of Alpina hubs branded Fausto Coppi and some 50mm carbon rims... needs a carbon seatpost, the cockpit doesnt fit me in any dimension do new bars and stem (in black) and ive got a set of single-piece sew on leather bar sheaths in Celeste. That saddle might stay, i normally fit long thin saddles and that Flite seemed ok on what few miles I did

Top Bottom