Finding money...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
dantheman said:
50p, assuming i saw it in time...

its well worth stopping for such things though, my brother in law has (on different occasions) found me a 115 pound pair of oakley sunglasses, and a jip up filofax size bag, with 360 pound cash, and a couple of gold necklaces (heavy ones, like a 1 ounce, and a 2 ounce) - not to be sniffed at.... and as it had no address/name or anything, and was found alongside a dual carriageway, whats the point of handing it to police???

Ever heard of theft by finding ? :thumbsup:

yenrod

All i can say is either RichP travels VERY slow on his bike :evil: OR he's got such an acute sense of sight :biggrin: a golden eagle would be jealous ! :tongue:

:biggrin:

Mr Phoebus

dantheman said:
a jip up filofax size bag, with 360 pound cash, and a couple of gold necklaces (heavy ones, like a 1 ounce, and a 2 ounce) - not to be sniffed at.... and as it had no address/name or anything, and was found alongside a dual carriageway, whats the point of handing it to police???
Probably flung out of the window in anger at some errant cyclist. :evil:

Carwash

Señor Member
dantheman said:
the person that says they've never broken a law is a liar........

not that that makes it right, but.......

I don't think anyone was claiming to never have broken the law - just that your not handing it in to the police was effectively theft, and that your reasoning for not doing so was flawed.

dantheman said:
the person that says they've never broken a law is a liar........

not that that makes it right, but.......

Call me old-fashioned, but I believe that dishonesty is nothing to boast about.

if you read my thread, you'll see that i'm not boasting, and it wasnt my decision to make anyhow, as i wasnt there and was not the party envolved, have you never known any similar thing to happen, and told the story to another???

domtyler

Über Member
Alan Frame said:
Call me old-fashioned, but I believe that dishonesty is nothing to boast about.

I probably shouldn't tell you that I nicked fifty quid out of your wallet once then! :evil:

dantheman said:
if you read my thread, you'll see that i'm not boasting, and it wasnt my decision to make anyhow, as i wasnt there and was not the party envolved, have you never known any similar thing to happen, and told the story to another???

Handling of stolen goods is treated equally seriously in law as the original offence of theft.

Top Bottom