Finished for Christmas

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
beanzontoast said:
Sorry to hear that, RT. If they had an inkling about it before now, waiting for the week before Christmas to tell people is grim.

I can understand that it's not a good time to be in the haulage industry, but we're as busy as ever. Even if people are to be made redundant, there seems little point in spreading gloom and despondency throughout the business. Never mind (although thank you for your sympathy:smile:): I needed some motivation to get a job within cycling distance of home anyway.:biggrin:

Rhythm Thief said:
I can understand that it's not a good time to be in the haulage industry, but we're as busy as ever. Even if people are to be made redundant, there seems little point in spreading gloom and despondency throughout the business. Never mind (although thank you for your sympathy:smile:): I needed some motivation to get a job within cycling distance of home anyway.:biggrin:

Let's hope next Christmas you are looking back from a great new job (if necessary) thinking exactly that. All the best, matey! :biggrin:

Joy! :biggrin:
I'm off now until the 2nd. Baggy is at our works Christmas meal (I won't go, I hate Christmas do's with a passion) and I'm sat here with a monster kebab. :biggrin::biggrin:

No booze until I've been back in to town to pick her up. Then it's gin o'clock...:biggrin::tongue::tongue::tongue:

ACS

Legendary Member
Finished at lunchtime today at 1230 in the pub, back in first thing on the 5th with the 'little darlings' retuning to school a day later. God I am going to miss each any every one of them........NOT!

longers

Legendary Member
fossyant said:
Finished here - nice vino to sample now.... ended the day by going to the cop shop to report my accident - great !!!!

You ok Fossy?

How's the bike?

Soltydog

Legendary Member
You lucky buggers, I'm at work till 3pm Christmas Eve, then off until 30th Dec & then work right through the new year, inc NY Eve & Day :biggrin:

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Gits. Working all Christmas except the official days off and weekends. The joys of working for a retailer, eh?

longers

Legendary Member
I've got my fingers crossed that the phonecall I had from my boss not long ago comes to fruition.
I might get to go to Wolfsburg for a couple of days (working) on the 29th.

Grabbing? Moi?

Yes! :becool:

gavintc

Guru
Finished at lunchtime today and we all went out for a meal and few drinks. I am off till 5 Jan, but there are some problems brewing at work, so I would not be surprised to get called back into work to sort out some stuff.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Worked my nuts off until 6:00 this veneing... working lunch. Now knackered and trying to wind down for the Xmas onslaught. Still, no more paid work until the 5th.

Top Bottom