Finished for Christmas

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jay clock

Massive member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhythm Thief
I'm at work until Xmas eve. And we've all been given letters today detailing that we're all in danger of being made redundant. Not that I'm worried by that - plenty more jobs out there - but their timing could have been better.:becool:

Sorry to hear that, RT. If they had an inkling about it before now, waiting for the week before Christmas to tell people is grim.

Not good news, but employers would it be better to let people spend as normal for Xmas thinking all is OK, then hitting them with it on 2nd Jan?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
jay clock said:
Not good news, but employers would it be better to let people spend as normal for Xmas thinking all is OK, then hitting them with it on 2nd Jan?

Crap isn't it...good on you RT for a positive outlook !

radger

Veteran
My warning of redundancy letter will probably be waiting for me on the 5th when I go back. That, or the news my job will only be 0.5FTE as of March
But I have every intention of ignoring that for the next two weeks.
CHEERS!

lazyfatgit

my P45 was behind the door when i got home, having just dropped the administrator at the station.

never mind, i can enjoy my first full christmas off in 23 yrs.

hope the weather is kind so i can do a few miles.

jay clock said:

I suppose there are lots of different ways of looking at it, and I appreciate that some folk would prefer to know in advance; I probably would myself, if there was anything definite to know. But the odd thing about this situation is we've been receiving letters from the management along these lines since late November, and it seems to me that they haven't decided to actually make any redundancies but they're still creating a climate of uncertainty, fuelled by official rumours and hearsay. Surely it would be better (for productivity, if nothing else) to keep everyone happy until they absolutely have to make someone redundant? :becool:
Anyway, the main reason I'm leaving in the new year is that the job isn't fun any more and I can't get there by bike. So I don't mind if they make me redundant - I was thinking about leaving anyway - but LazyFatGit and Radger ... you have my sympathy.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
RT hang on for the rubbish pay out then....... especially if you are shifting on....

Nope it's bad out there - so best of luck folks....... my sis has been out of work since the start of this.....May/June......orrible.......and she's a lawyer....so it get's us all..........

longers

Legendary Member
Bad luck sir, and the same for anyone facing employment disruption :blush:

As one fridge door closes another chest freezer opens eh?

colly

Re member eR
Still working (not right this second) will be tomorrow, Monday and a bit Tuesday. If all goes well that will be it.
If it doesn't go well my ear will be well and truly 'bent' by an irate customer.

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
Soltydog said:
You lucky buggers, I'm at work till 3pm Christmas Eve, then off until 30th Dec & then work right through the new year, inc NY Eve & Day :biggrin:

Likewise...I work in a youth hostel and we're chocka from 23rd onwards.Just had 130 wedding guests to cater for but off for Christmas with the folks on monday:biggrin::becool:!Looking forward to some quality time in the darkroom with my negatives when I'm not cooking...

Finished last Friday having been offered annual leave on Christmas week, and most of the shopping done but father was taken into hospital with a heart attack and clot on the lung so I am still going into hospital for visiting, although not the one I work at thankfuly,

Top Bottom