Finished for Christmas

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TVC

That's me done, no more work till next year. Had drinks and samosa at work this morning, management gave out the criggie pressies and we were all kicked out for the hols.

Yippee!

Anyone else finished today or have you got to slog it out until 5.30 on Christmas Eve?

Maz

Guru
Here til wednesday. We normally get loads of mince pies, but no samosas.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I was going to work Christmas Eve but my son phoned last night to see if I fancied a ride in that morning which is an offer I can't refuse.

barq

Theoretically we keep going until Wednesday, but there is no one much around. I'll take some work home with me today and won't be back until next year. Wine and nibbles at 4pm, but I might go Christmas shopping instead.

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Most people here are finishing today but I'm in until lunchtime on Wednesday. Should be a quiet few days.

mr Mag00

rising member
finished for the year today but been off work ill all week!

User269

Best ever last day at work before Christmas. Saw last patient at 2pm, and was given a bottle of champagne and a card by same, expressing gratitude and thanks for my support. :tongue:
Back on Dec. 31st. Cue forthcoming days of smug, emotional-intelligence-defying pomposity. Yee Harrrr!!

Night Train

Maker of Things
I've finished work for the year now but I will be back in on Monday to do some unpaid marking. I figured it would be easier to do it unpaid now then have to do it unpaid in January before college starts again.

barq

I've lugged home a pile of coursework to mark. If I grade three a day between now and 5th Jan it won't be too onerous. But I have this funny feeling that it will all end up being a mad panic. :biggrin:

Rhythm Thief said:
I'm at work until Xmas eve. And we've all been given letters today detailing that we're all in danger of being made redundant. Not that I'm worried by that - plenty more jobs out there - but their timing could have been better.:biggrin:

Sorry to hear that, RT. If they had an inkling about it before now, waiting for the week before Christmas to tell people is grim.

Top Bottom